Winter tires for Elantra GT?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2019 1:05 pm
[OP]
Aug 27, 2014
498 posts
254 upvotes

Winter tires for Elantra GT?

I'm looking at ordering new tires. I'm in Quebec, bought my tires with Quattro Tires in the past. Recommendations?
Tire dimensions are 205/55R16.

I don't mind putting around $600 before taxes.

I see the Pirelli WINTER ICE ZERO FR at 586.96 and there's a $50 mail-in rebate.
I've heard good things of the Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS80, which are at 593.32 for 4.

I could also go to Costco with a friend.

Thanks!
1 reply
Feb 4, 2009
247 posts
24 upvotes
LuxErus wrote: I'm looking at ordering new tires. I'm in Quebec, bought my tires with Quattro Tires in the past. Recommendations?
Tire dimensions are 205/55R16.

I don't mind putting around $600 before taxes.

I see the Pirelli WINTER ICE ZERO FR at 586.96 and there's a $50 mail-in rebate.
I've heard good things of the Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS80, which are at 593.32 for 4.

I could also go to Costco with a friend.

Thanks!
How about: https://www.quattrotires.com/pneus/viki ... ct-7/30682

I purchased from Quattro online this year but they didn't have these in my tire size. $580 for a set of the Viking 7s along with some of their discount codes and a $65 mail in rebate.
These tires cleaned up in the Norwegian Automobile Federation winter tire test that were just published today (they came in first last year as well). While that organization tests tires that are mostly only available in Europe, they did beat out the Hakka 3s (which came in second). I can't see how any other tire for the North American market would perform much better.