• Aug 24th, 2018 1:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 10, 2015
319 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

Wipe out old iphones

I have old iphones (4,5 and 6) that been sitting arround for a while. One of them is locked out as well and i have no clue what the password is and if i did sync with itunes that laptop is gone too. I want to just wipe these decices and bring them to their factory settings. When following online instructions to bring these devices into recovery mode didnt work i looked up some online tools so my question is did anyone used any of the program/tools to do this and which one did work.

Thanks
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15162 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
If you cannot remember the passcode for the phone and can't turn off find my iPhone, they can't be reset.

If you know the passcode but not the iCloud account, you can contact Apple Support to see if they can reset the iCloud password.

Having the original laptop that was used to set up the phone won't help to reset the phone to factory settings.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2015
319 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I want to sell these items to someone who can use them for parts. I just want to wipe my data off thats all
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
5887 posts
3896 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you have the original proof of purchase, you can take it to the apple store and they can remove any icloud locks.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15162 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Stribor40 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 9:13 am
I want to sell these items to someone who can use them for parts. I just want to wipe my data off thats all
The value will be extremely low if you cannot factory reset and turn off find my iPhone. Call Apple to see if they can help.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11943 posts
1709 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I had the same issue with an uncle's fone. Had a thread here on rfd. The answer was the same. Dont know the password ur basically screwed. Expensive paperweight. Apple cant help you either... they will assume you stole the devices and trying to hack in.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11943 posts
1709 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
audit13 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:32 am
If you cannot remember the passcode for the phone and can't turn off find my iPhone, they can't be reset.

If you know the passcode but not the iCloud account, you can contact Apple Support to see if they can reset the iCloud password.

Having the original laptop that was used to set up the phone won't help to reset the phone to factory settings.
Q: What if you change the icloud password assuming you have the same appleid... doesnt this also change the iphone pw since everything is supposed to sync??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15162 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 12:45 pm
Q: What if you change the icloud password assuming you have the same appleid... doesnt this also change the iphone pw since everything is supposed to sync??
Yes.

If you know the iCloud password and phone passcode, you can disable find my iPhone and reset the phone or disable find iPhone from iCloud.

This all depends on how the OP was locked out of the phone.

Sounds li