• Jul 18th, 2020 10:06 pm
[OP]
Feb 2, 2011
392 posts
450 upvotes

Wiper Blade - Front Right Vs Front Left

Hello RFD Members,

I Am Looking To Purchase A Wiper Blade Online,
And I Would Like To Confirm That I Am Purchasing The Correct Wiper Blade.

If The Driver Is Sitting On The Left Hand Side,
And I Am Looking To Replace The Wiper Blade On The Driver Side,
Do I Purchase The Front Right Wiper Blade Or Front Left Wiper Blade?

Thank You All For Your Answers!
Thumbs Up For Hot Deal 😃
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6561 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
Buy the sizes instead. Figure out what the driver side wiper blade in inches then the passenger side. Should be in your car manual.

If you have hard time, post your year and make and model of your car and one of us will google it for you.
[OP]
Feb 2, 2011
392 posts
450 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: Buy the sizes instead. Figure out what the driver side wiper blade in inches then the passenger side. Should be in your car manual.

If you have hard time, post your year and make and model of your car and one of us will google it for you.
2010 Toyota Matrix

Is It The 17" Or 26" For The Driver Side?

Thank You!
Thumbs Up For Hot Deal 😃
[OP]
Feb 2, 2011
392 posts
450 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=2010+toyota+matri ... blade+size

So the 26" goes on front of where you drive. The 17" goes on passenger side. Would you want me to Google where you can buy one locally?
I Was Going To Purchase It At: https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/
Do You Know A Website That Sells It Cheaper?

I Am Planning To Purchase The 26" Wiper Blade + The Rear Wiper Blade.

With Shipping, It Cost: $41.55 Before Taxes
Thumbs Up For Hot Deal 😃
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6561 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
tinchu18 wrote: I Was Going To Purchase It At: https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/

$4 for refills ain't bad. How much do they charge to ship? You can also get it from your local Toyota, but price probably would be double.
[OP]
Feb 2, 2011
392 posts
450 upvotes
Thank You For Your Answers.
Much Appreciated.
Please Lock This Thread :)
Thumbs Up For Hot Deal 😃
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6561 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: costco. If you are a member or ask a friend who is to get for you.
Last I was there, they full replacement 26" and 17" for $8.99 each.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20245 posts
13571 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tinchu18 wrote: I Was Going To Purchase It At: https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/

With Shipping, It Cost: $41.55 Before Taxes
I always replace both sides at the same time.

Why not just buy the refills instead of the whole blade? For BOTH the right and left refills, the total is under $10 before taxes and shipping.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13390 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
Beware of the Costco ones. They don’t fit certain vehicles even when it shows that it does. Sometimes it doesn’t have the right clips
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5713 posts
1062 upvotes
Semi related and noob question but... My family hasn't owned a hatchback in a while until about 2 months ago when my dad got a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I know the rear wiper is 11 inch but is it the same as the regular ones or do I need to buy rear specific wipers? He doesn't need it yet but just wanted to know when the time comes.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22219 posts
3052 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: Semi related and noob question but... My family hasn't owned a hatchback in a while until about 2 months ago when my dad got a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I know the rear wiper is 11 inch but is it the same as the regular ones or do I need to buy rear specific wipers? He doesn't need it yet but just wanted to know when the time comes.
A regular blade is fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2978 posts
1311 upvotes
GTA
Canada_7 wrote: Semi related and noob question but... My family hasn't owned a hatchback in a while until about 2 months ago when my dad got a 2009 Pontiac Vibe. I know the rear wiper is 11 inch but is it the same as the regular ones or do I need to buy rear specific wipers? He doesn't need it yet but just wanted to know when the time comes.
FWIW, some cars, like my Mazda5, doesn't work properly with aftermarket blades as the wiper "frame" as a bend in it to match the curve in the rear glass.
Sep 7, 2007
333 posts
173 upvotes
Woodstock
Rear blades usually attach differently than front blades, but you won't find many 11" front blades anyway. When I needed to replace the rear blade on my Magnum, I found a pair on Amazon a lot cheaper than single blades locally, which would have had to be ordered anyway. I actually just ended up using just the rubber because the blade was too hard to remove and I was afraid of breaking something.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6561 posts
4092 upvotes
Toronto
Same for rear wiper for corolla hatchback. I have habit of flipping the rubber when it starts to streak, but can't figure out the rear. Hardly ever use it and will probably last 10 years anyway.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10091 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
I just buy rear wiper blades at princess auto for $2, picked up 5
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)