Expired Hot Deals

[wireless.canada (ebay)] Unlocked Samsung S8+ (like new)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2018 6:50 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2012
41 posts
126 upvotes
Markham

Unlocked Samsung S8+ (like new)

Deal Link:
Price:
$649.99
Savings:
42% off
Retailer:
wireless.canada (ebay)
They sell these phones in what they call "like new" & "9/10" condition but I've bought a 'refurbished' phone from one of these companies on ebay before and it really was like new. wireless.canada is also a top-rated seller so your purchase should go smoothly. It doesn't come with all the things new phones include but still has an aftermarket charger and USB cable. It is Verizon unlocked so make sure their bands work with your provider, but it should work with the big name carriers in Canada. It also comes with free shipping. As of right now, they are offering the black and gray colours and might not have a French language option as it from the USA.

Because the price does not include tax, this is comparably priced to the lowest deals on Kijiji and it comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee (no restocking fee and it includes a pre-paid shipping label) and a 60 day warranty. It's not a red hot deal, but I'd say it's pretty good if you're looking to buy a new unlocked phone.

If you want to save more money, they also sell it with more scratches and scuffs for $574.99.
46 replies
Dec 29, 2007
526 posts
273 upvotes
I've gotten phones that were "new" condition that had somebody elses screen protector on it.
Feb 18, 2012
840 posts
486 upvotes
Victoria
? Good deal, brand new ones go for $550-650 no tax on craigslist etc. Especially now that the 9 is out.
Nov 17, 2016
288 posts
177 upvotes
Before buying please read this thread: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/anyone- ... y-2094528/, but keep in mind that this was about DIFFERENT seller.
Unfortunatelly, ebay seller rating system can be played, so you cannot trust it. I am not saying that this particular seller is bad, probably good, but there is no way of knowing that with ebay.
I would pay a bit more and get new one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9412 posts
5927 upvotes
Toronto
Price doesn't seem so great now that S9 is coming out.
Nov 27, 2016
118 posts
248 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Price doesn't seem so great now that S9 is coming out.
This. Also Koodo will probably be having a "sale" on S8's going in the future.
Oct 17, 2010
128 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I used toronto.cellular on ebay.ca for my S7 and was very happy with the results.... it came in generic cardboard, but arrived within 24hrs and the device looked brand spanking new.

Only catch was that it was a Verizon phone, which does create some minor compatibility issues with using them in Canada (e.g. native VoLTE/IP disabled, I think it's missing a Canadian LTE frequency and Samsung Pay is not supported. Android pay works fine.). Also has the Verizon bloatware on top, but pretty easy to disable that.

No idea if they do S8s, but I'd check them out.
Feb 20, 2014
21 posts
7 upvotes
Hey dudes,

So I actually just bought this like 7 days ago and it's been great so far. (exact same seller)
S9+ is like 1100$ so...s8+ price at 650$ used isn't a bad deal.

The S8+ I got was basically brand new.
Dec 29, 2007
526 posts
273 upvotes
I have to wonder where these resellers get these phones? Are they returns that people had problems with?
Sep 20, 2010
15 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
As johncanuck mentioned, it is critical to know the specific model they sell (i.e.: G955x), where 'x' will determine the area in the world or cel provider the phone comes from. That will determine the frequencies and features the phone supports. As already mentioned, an S8+ from Verizon (G955V) will not work property in Canada because does not use the LTE frequencies utilized by Canadian providers, which in this case use the G955W version of the phone. As the other member mentioned... I also learned this by experience after buying on a deal 'to good to be true'.

That said, if you find a model that supports the right frequencies or a 'world model'... you should be ok.

Enjoy!
Feb 20, 2014
21 posts
7 upvotes
BTW,

The one I received from this Seller is G955U1.

U1 apparently is the US phone and 1 means the unlocked firmware, hopefully this helps.

I'm with Rogers and no issues up to now.

Thanks!
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
I ordered an S8+ from this seller when they first appeared on his store (eBay featured the listing). It was described as like new but when I received it I wasn't happy as there were scratches and scuffs on the front and back of the phone. I did get them to return the phone, but they were rude over eBay and said I was being too picky. I said like new would be "like" new, not used, and eventually they caved. Just a heads up I guess....
Jan 4, 2008
619 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Where do these phones come from that they are like new? What scenario allows them go back out to be sold like this?
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
turtleh wrote: Where do these phones come from that they are like new? What scenario allows them go back out to be sold like this?
I think everyone's best guess is that they are returned under the buyer's remorse period from carriers in the States, specifically Verizon. The seller appears to have a bulk order import set up with store(s) and then he flips them for a profit.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1140 posts
455 upvotes
I bought two S7s from these guys about 6 months ago. They were advertised as like new, without boxes and OEM cables but were all scuffed up. One of them had deep scratches on the backside and it's clear no one inspects these and they ship them out without verifying the condition. I was able to send the phones back and get a refund without any hassle but the owner (or someone who works for them) called me when I left a negative review offering to give me a few extra bucks in exchange for deleting the review, so beware their reviews are skewed since most of the negative ones probably get taken down.

IIRC he said he buys them in bulk from US carriers, probably ones they received as returns or trade ins.

Anyways I'd avoid buying anything from these guys again. Too much of a gamble.
turtleh wrote: Where do these phones come from that they are like new? What scenario allows them go back out to be sold like this?
Last edited by Dante19 on Mar 2nd, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2012
288 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
I've gotten into a similar deal for a galaxy s7. it was verizon and it had screen burn in.
I got a refund but only after ebay jumped in... they insisted that screen burn-in was not an issue.
Jan 12, 2017
111 posts
133 upvotes
vancouver
Dont buy phones from ebay. You'll get a lemon with 30 day warranty,

Buying for a little bit more from koodo will give you a full year warranty and knowing its legit 10/10 new condition
Aug 3, 2014
132 posts
88 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
if it's same phone as I bought and returned, you'll not able to get newer system update on it. for sure it's same seller tho.