Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
888 posts
709 upvotes
GTA

Wireless Chargers

The charging port for my Galaxy S3 has stopped working and I'm looking to get a wireless charger.
Any recommendations?

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7449 posts
2407 upvotes
Richmond Hill
don't think the S3 supports wireless charging.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7276 posts
1326 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
yesstyle wrote: don't think the S3 supports wireless charging.
Not out of the box, but with a hack you can have wireless charging
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2067 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes it will with a plate like the one that you just posted OP.

One thing to keep in mind though, these wireless chargers currently have a max charging rate of 1000mA, real world results are more like 300-500 mA, so they are much more slower than wired chargers, which can go up to 1.6A in real world tests.

But a simple answer to your question is these will work, just much slower.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2010
888 posts
709 upvotes
GTA
libballeng wrote: Yes it will with a plate like the one that you just posted OP.

One thing to keep in mind though, these wireless chargers currently have a max charging rate of 1000mA, real world results are more like 300-500 mA, so they are much more slower than wired chargers, which can go up to 1.6A in real world tests.

But a simple answer to your question is these will work, just much slower.
Thanks, but now I'm wondering if I should just buy an external charger.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2067 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't you say your charging port stopped working? An external charger will not work on a non-working charging port.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2067 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
These are used to charge your battery by itself of course.

You will need to get a spare battery, use this to charge the batteries, and replace batteries as the juice gets low. If you don't have a spare battery, you will need to turn off the phone, pull the battery out, and wait for this thing to charge your battery.

Just looked at the specs of this thing, charging rate is at 350mA, which is slow, really slow. So unless you have 2 or 3 spare battery, your phone will be off for long periods as you wait for this thing to charge your battery.
Nov 1, 2004
678 posts
66 upvotes
York
It's gonna be annoying to take your battery in and out, especially if you're only using 1 battery.

I suggest getting the wireless charging receiver and pad. Keep it near your desk and charge it frequently as possible. You can also get additional wireless charging pads for really cheap.
http://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Charger-C ... s+receiver