• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 9:31 am
[OP]
Aug 4, 2007
703 posts
4032 upvotes
Mississauga
nabeeltech wrote: This offer is only for Fido Wireless customers. [...]
Fake news! I've never been a Fido Wireless customer!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 2nd, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1121 posts
933 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote: I just moved to Etobicoke and was following a deal with a discount of $25-$35 off and was thinking of getting it. However I decided to stop by a Wireless Wave. They offered me a 50% off on 150u from Fido. I've asked for 75u and got it for 50% off as well. It come to $32.5 and for a $50 accessory credit I've got a JBL Tune 155BT for $6.5 (I've only paid taxes).

The deal was at Cloverdale Mall.

How did you get 75u for $32.50 (50% off) when the regular price for 75u on Fido website is $75. Shouldn't it be $37.50 for 75u and $42.50 for 150u? Plus the $50 accessory credit. Fido raised their prices from a year ago.
Jul 31, 2021
38 posts
8 upvotes
shucks, I just signed up to fido last week on the $60 plan via the online chat. Anyway I can get them to price match to this?
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11151 posts
88230 upvotes
Ontario
-=PASHA=- wrote: Fake news! I've never been a Fido Wireless customer!
dont think it is fake news since these promotions are usually for existing customers only.
Like free tablet with $0/4GB or $10/4GB plan. WW doesn't care about policy since they get paid for the sale.

I think you can still get an extra $50 credit with SPC card
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
3005 posts
562 upvotes
Ottawa
Have to check this out. Looking for better internet in Ottawa.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6287 posts
3881 upvotes
Ottawa
freakx2001 wrote: Have to check this out. Looking for better internet in Ottawa.
After check out , let me know the results. Thanks
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2722 posts
1891 upvotes
GTA
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Fake news! I've never been a Fido Wireless customer!
Thatdealguy wrote: dont think it is fake news since these promotions are usually for existing customers only.
Like free tablet with $0/4GB or $10/4GB plan. WW doesn't care about policy since they get paid for the sale.

I think you can still get an extra $50 credit with SPC card
I got the 50% off from last year's promo and on my bill it specifically says "Fido Internet 150 + Mobile". I was not an existing customer. I did not and still don't have mobile service with Fido. It was set up by a Fido rep, not an authorized dealer.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1413 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
I am on the 150u from last yr promo and expiring end of Sept. How long do I have to give prior notice to cancellation
Member since 2006

Fido- $40/15GB
Curren phone: Samsung s20FE
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1686 posts
445 upvotes
GTA
keljai wrote: I am on the 150u from last yr promo and expiring end of Sept. How long do I have to give prior notice to cancellation
I’m on the same promo from last year with the $150 visa gift card. My promo expires in November, and also need to know when I can cancel.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3392 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
dieselboy27 wrote: I’m on the same promo from last year with the $150 visa gift card. My promo expires in November, and also need to know when I can cancel.
I was with Rogers and I was able to cancel immediately (same day). Fido is likely the same.
Fido: $35 12GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan
Virgin: $35 internet plan
May 2, 2016
19 posts
1 upvote
l4b1p7
its an neutered rogers white gigabit modem. meaning 5g wifi is disabled.
Jul 18, 2014
567 posts
1171 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
I didn't even know Wireless wave offered home internet service
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1014 posts
1283 upvotes
Arkham
keljai wrote: I am on the 150u from last yr promo and expiring end of Sept. How long do I have to give prior notice to cancellation
You're not in any contract, so it should be anytime
I Called in the morning, cancelled over the call and returned the device in the afternoon
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1925 upvotes
Ottawa
milkaka wrote: its an neutered rogers white gigabit modem. meaning 5g wifi is disabled.
Is this new?

I've been on Fido for 10 months. 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and band steering are all supported.
Sep 26, 2012
490 posts
226 upvotes
Thornhill
I just did 2 live chat. None of them was able to do it.

One told me this is Not for existing home internet customers but for new activations. I can cancel my current service by calling in and start a new service.

The other told me even I cancel my current service they cannot open a new account at the same address.

They aren't giving the same responses so there is a chance you get a good agent.
Jul 18, 2014
567 posts
1171 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
i order virgin internet starting on the 20th for $45/m for 50/10 but this would be great if i can get it
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8234 posts
4130 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dieselboy27 wrote: I’m on the same promo from last year with the $150 visa gift card. My promo expires in November, and also need to know when I can cancel.
Did you actually get the 150 gc?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1925 upvotes
Ottawa
superduder wrote: I just did 2 live chat. None of them was able to do it.

One told me this is Not for existing home internet customers but for new activations. I can cancel my current service by calling in and start a new service.

The other told me even I cancel my current service they cannot open a new account at the same address.

They aren't giving the same responses so there is a chance you get a good agent.
Bogus. People move.

They likely can't create a new account for the same name at the same address, but they certainly can create a new account for a new name. Get your significant other or room mate to agree to create an account. Wait until your equipment arrives, confirm that everything works, and then cancel the old plan effective immediately.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1925 upvotes
Ottawa
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Did you actually get the 150 gc?
I received the $150 gift card for last year's promotion about 6 weeks after signing up. I immediately bought an amazon gift card and depleted it. No issues.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2233 posts
703 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: Bogus. People move.

They likely can't create a new account for the same name at the same address, but they certainly can create a new account for a new name. Get your significant other or room mate to agree to create an account. Wait until your equipment arrives, confirm that everything works, and then cancel the old plan effective immediately.
This. Also try calling their bluff. Cancel and see if they take you to retention. They might be able to offer you 50% off.
Life is short make it long