Fido Internet 50% off and $50 accessory credit

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 9:31 am
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1618 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
Britex wrote: I got the 50% off from last year's promo and on my bill it specifically says "Fido Internet 150 + Mobile". I was not an existing customer. I did not and still don't have mobile service with Fido. It was set up by a Fido rep, not an authorized dealer.
I think they can offer this exclusive "Fido Internet 150 + Mobile" offer to non-Fido Mobile customers if they choose to. It depends on the rep you get. YMMV. I know this because I also got this exclusive offer as a non-Fido Mobile customer from Walmart last year. The rep. put me into this exclusive plan without me asking. I only found out after I received my first bill. lol
Last edited by spyhero on Sep 2nd, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2682 posts
1164 upvotes
North York
RichardH17067 wrote: Spoke with retention and cancellation department. No luck. The best they did was $30 off 75u, so $45 a month. Anyone know how much work it would be to cancel and activate again? Assuming I have to send the equipment back and wait for them to send the new one.
Weird how they are so inconsistent in what they offer. I've been with them for a few years and would have probably accepted this lol.
Mar 16, 2021
118 posts
206 upvotes
Does anyone knows if we can book an install to be done by end of October ?
Sep 25, 2020
19 posts
18 upvotes
hiphop29 wrote: Does anyone knows if we can book an install to be done by end of October ?
Following. Also wondering if possible to book for end of September?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
3015 posts
576 upvotes
Ottawa
Went to Wireless wave today a lunch. Deal out front say $50 for 150u. Guy said it's meant for existing Fido mobile customers (which I'm not). Said he would try and push it through for me. He didn't mention anything about a $50 accessory credit
Told him I'd be back on Monday to get it, as I didn't have time today, was on a tight schedule.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4204 posts
1178 upvotes
Mississauga
spyhero wrote: I was able to open a new account with the same name, same address, different email address at Walmart. I did not tell them I already had an existing account and it went through smoothly without a glitch. They use a different activation portal if that makes a difference.
Will this also work at wireless wave?
Any success stories?
Dec 23, 2018
18 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Just wondering if it's a good idea to wait for those who sign up late Oct/Nov for Black Friday deals again. Not sure if they will run another promo again tho. On Fido 150 plan
Mar 16, 2021
118 posts
206 upvotes
Nice of them. I called and they offered me one month free but it has to be activated within 7 days once you ge the deal. I was with virgin and was able to book the plan 2 months in advance.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2786 posts
1950 upvotes
GTA
Dynatos wrote: Fido is Rogers.
Virgin is Bell.
Doh! Yeah, got those two mixed up.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1618 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
Keys13 wrote: Just wondering if it's a good idea to wait for those who sign up late Oct/Nov for Black Friday deals again. Not sure if they will run another promo again tho. On Fido 150 plan
If your current promotion is not scheduled to expire until Black Friday/Boxing Day, you should wait until then. Historically, Black Friday/Boxing Day had the best offer.
Feb 18, 2019
155 posts
250 upvotes
I got 150u today for 50$ a month at hillcrest mall wireless wave, no hassle. even got 50$ accessory credit without having to ask.
Nov 14, 2007
360 posts
133 upvotes
confirmed info: this deal is only available to fido existing wireless customer who does not have internet service.
Oct 18, 2011
31 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Confirming the above as well for wireless wave at STC. 50% Offer is only available for those with a Fido mobile line but without internet prior ($50 for non-Fido customers) + $50 in store cred.

However, at Walmart, was able to finesse my way through a nice service rep there. Not sure what he did but was able to get me the $42.5 for 150mbps.
Dec 5, 2017
211 posts
175 upvotes
Scarberia
CheapDealsPlox wrote: Confirming the above as well for wireless wave at STC. 50% Offer is only available for those with a Fido mobile line but without internet prior ($50 for non-Fido customers) + $50 in store cred.

However, at Walmart, was able to finesse my way through a nice service rep there. Not sure what he did but was able to get me the $42.5 for 150mbps.
does walmart stc rep have a name? would like to see if he/she can apply to existing account
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4204 posts
1178 upvotes
Mississauga
CheapDealsPlox wrote: Confirming the above as well for wireless wave at STC. 50% Offer is only available for those with a Fido mobile line but without internet prior ($50 for non-Fido customers) + $50 in store cred.

Is Walmart giving GC?
Aug 24, 2021
4 posts
icemasta wrote: Moved from $45/month 150U to $42.5/month 150U (50% off) via online chat. Looks like I'm settled for another 12 months. Thanks OP.
Are you a Fido cellular customer too? Online chat agent told me it was only for internet + wireless customers...
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
509 upvotes
mpm166 wrote: Are you a Fido cellular customer too? Online chat agent told me it was only for internet + wireless customers...
Fido tablet plan counts as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5356 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
mpm166 wrote: Are you a Fido cellular customer too? Online chat agent told me it was only for internet + wireless customers...
Nope just internet.
Oct 18, 2011
371 posts
579 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Can anyone more technically inclined than I tell me.how these plans (and speeds) compare to my current Rogers Ignite Internet 500-Unlimited plan? I'm paying apporx $100 / month for the Rogers plan. Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3299 posts
2048 upvotes
Mississauga
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Can anyone more technically inclined than I tell me.how these plans (and speeds) compare to my current Rogers Ignite Internet 500-Unlimited plan? I'm paying apporx $100 / month for the Rogers plan. Thanks in advance.
Fido's max speed plan is 150mbps. But most people get more speed. So you will likely get around 200mbps. Same with Rogers. I am on Ignite 300, but I almost always get speeds in the range of 400-450mbps.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)