Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wireless Wave

Fido Internet 50% off and $50 accessory credit

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2021 9:31 am
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2982 posts
3186 upvotes
Ottawa
simplypop wrote: Do these have any cancellation clauses? I signed up last year forgot when but got $100 amazon GC (I think). Wonder if I can cancel now and sign up for new Fido deal
Once you receive and register the gift card, you can cancel. They're month to month plans, no contract.

If you signed up with a gift card offer, you might not qualify for the card if you cancel before receiving it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
(RE)Signed up in late Nov last year. Guess a bit early to sign up again.
Wish Fido can just have these permanently if you're RFD, annoying having to cancel, re-signing up, returning modem and trigger a credit check (I think) every year.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
4050 posts
1462 upvotes
GTA North
How does this compare to the Rogers ignite 500u speedwise ? Is there actually a difference ?
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Jun 8, 2010
279 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
If you got the 50% off offer directly from Fido (and maybe Wireless Wave), examine your first bill carefully!

My 50% discount is applied to the $8/mo modem rental only, not the $67/mo internet fee.

The service agreement that came ~24h after signing up also had the wrong price, but Fido assured me that it would be corrected on my first bill. It was not corrected on my first bill. I'm chatting now (again) to resolve the issue.

Update 1: After >1hr chatting with Fido, CS rep was unable to make corrections, but sent the issue to "back office" -- told me to contact Fido again in 2-3 days.

Update 2: Back office apparently made the change, but I saw no evidence of that. Fido Chat stated that I'd have to pay the current (incorrect) balance, and there was nothing he could do.

I ended up calling Fido and speaking with Naresh. He confirmed that he could not change the bill, but applied an account credit, so that my balance owing was correct. I told him that I would give top scores on any survey I received, and his supervisor could call me for an official positive review.

There are too many lazy/apathetic CS reps. Let's acknowledge and praise the good ones.
Last edited by scholar80 on Sep 14th, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
cheestring wrote: I was able to get the $37.50 for 75mbps or $42.50 for 150mbps and a $50 Walmart GC with a Walmart rep online. Not an existing fido customer. I was able to find this rep thru FB marketplace.

If you need a referral to the Walmart rep you can PM me.
CAn you PM me the rep contact please?

Anyone else successful get this deal through the Walmart rep?
Dec 23, 2012
150 posts
41 upvotes
CONCORD
They ship it to you (i got mine the next day)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2370 posts
914 upvotes
Calgary
ANyone able to provide me the Fido rep or another sales person that offering 50% internet plan? New customer here.

Im in Markham

Thanks
Life is short make it long
Jan 2, 2020
246 posts
156 upvotes
Any non fido customers manage to get this deal?
Aug 5, 2011
699 posts
423 upvotes
AsheMain wrote: Any non fido customers manage to get this deal?
you dont need to be a fido customer. But not sure if this deal is still available?
Jan 1, 2009
342 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
tkl wrote: How does this compare to the Rogers ignite 500u speedwise ? Is there actually a difference ?
Fido does not have 500MBPS speed.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2014
5031 posts
5817 upvotes
Can anyone confirm that when you sign up for Fido, that they actually do a hard credit check?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
jmc111 wrote: Can anyone confirm that when you sign up for Fido, that they actually do a hard credit check?
They did when I signed up for internet last year.
Jul 10, 2008
520 posts
429 upvotes
Mississauga
jmc111 wrote: Can anyone confirm that when you sign up for Fido, that they actually do a hard credit check?
Yes, Hard inquiry . Not sure why they do that for only $50/Month ,
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
jason.lqs wrote: Yes, Hard inquiry . Not sure why they do that for only $50/Month ,
Fido is providing the gateway (modem and router)
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: Glad to see this deal is back need to renew around black friday
sonyHdr12 wrote: Same , I will renew at least 1 month before.
Can you delay the start of your new plan?

Same here, availed of the BF deal last year.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
Biscayne05 wrote: Can you delay the start of your new plan?

Same here, availed of the BF deal last year.
I didn’t ask, I always wait a better deal like BF plan.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2014
5031 posts
5817 upvotes
jason.lqs wrote: Yes, Hard inquiry . Not sure why they do that for only $50/Month ,
Curious as to how much of a hit on your credit rating? I see in my equifax account, Rogers is showing up as one of the items. I don't get why they do this when it's such a small expense.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)