Fido Internet 50% off and $50 accessory credit

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2021 1:23 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1739 posts
188 upvotes
York Region
vaetheshadow wrote: Is this deal still active?
AsheMain wrote: Any non fido customers manage to get this deal?
Yes and yes I did this yesterday at my local Tbooth for fido internet.
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Nov 23, 2014
126 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got this deal last year. Is it eligible for a renewal?
Nov 20, 2010
3 posts
Toronto
cheestring wrote: I was able to get the $37.50 for 75mbps or $42.50 for 150mbps and a $50 Walmart GC with a Walmart rep online. Not an existing fido customer. I was able to find this rep thru FB marketplace.

If you need a referral to the Walmart rep you can PM me.
I am interested. Could you please PM me the contact as well.
Oct 4, 2017
117 posts
89 upvotes
Just checked on my fido account page and it still looks like the deal is there. Hopefully stays on a bit longer since some of us want to enroll later in the month.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2022 posts
1842 upvotes
Ottawa
Dynatos wrote: Fido is Rogers.
Virgin is Bell.

Just like Fido, Virgin does not have techs. When Virgin deploys a tech to do an install, they deploy a Bell tech. If I sign up for 100/10 and don't have a bonded twisted pair line, they'll need to deploy a tech to be able to meet the 100/10 committment. At that point, they either spend an hour setting up a new local loop on the old and obsolete copper, or they spend an hour to drop a fibre cable from the line running behind my house and potentially suck me into FTTH services with Bell in a year.

I wouldn't say there's no chance.

Edit: Peruse this.
FWIW, Virgin scheduled a Bell tech to come install a fibre drop for the Virgin 100/10 plan. They're coming next week.
Nov 27, 2020
48 posts
39 upvotes
Its the law now . If you ask for cancelling internet. They have to cancel in even next say. If they dont tell them u will complain ti ccts. Telecom companies are scared from ccts
Pyro wrote: I was with Rogers and I was able to cancel immediately (same day). Fido is likely the same.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2509 posts
1034 upvotes
North York
cheestring wrote: I was able to get the $37.50 for 75mbps or $42.50 for 150mbps and a $50 Walmart GC with a Walmart rep online. Not an existing fido customer. I was able to find this rep thru FB marketplace.

If you need a referral to the Walmart rep you can PM me.
What information did folks have to provide? Seems sketchy to call a random dude to do this?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
1921 posts
704 upvotes
quazy wrote: What information did folks have to provide? Seems sketchy to call a random dude to do this?
I reached out to this guy (Nikhil is the name he gave me), I've texted him about 2 weeks ago but no reply. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2509 posts
1034 upvotes
North York
ggs wrote: I reached out to this guy (Nikhil is the name he gave me), I've texted him about 2 weeks ago but no reply. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck.
I sent a couple messages and he gave me a phone number but I didn't try it cause it seems kind of weird. Pretty sure I had to give sin or banking information for credit check at sign up in the past.
Jul 21, 2020
13 posts
42 upvotes
quazy wrote: I sent a couple messages and he gave me a phone number but I didn't try it cause it seems kind of weird. Pretty sure I had to give sin or banking information for credit check at sign up in the past.
For what it's worth on the receipt I got from him it shows that he works at the Walmart at 3155 Argentia Rd, Mississauga location. I would expect that other Walmarts may have similar deals too if you prefer to go in person.

I had to provide my driver's license as part of the check.
Mar 28, 2011
989 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn’t seem to work anymore.

Tried the Walmart booth and wireless wave booth and it’s clamped down you must be a current fido cell subscriber
Nov 11, 2008
18 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks OP

I managed to get the deal Thur at Wireless Wave at Erin Mills TC. As a new Fido customer, got 75u at 50% off $37.50/mo for 12 months plus $50 accessory credit.
The guy was a little hesitant. Modem/router is Hitron CODA 4582U which you get right away as someone else mentioned.

No go at Walmart Heartland and Erin Mills TC. Both said I needed to be Fido mobility customers.

Good luck
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2986 posts
465 upvotes
Ottawa
Walked into Walmart today. Mentioned the GC deal, was told there wasn't anything like that, but managed to get the 50% off (so $42.50 for 150u) as a straight up deal, no need to be a Fido member.

I was tired of the game of hunting for the GC, so gave in, and just got this. Still a pretty good deal.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Aug 8, 2010
663 posts
120 upvotes
so I cancelled CIK and got Fido, they did give me $50 credit without asking. because it sent me a Final notice email saying I owed $50, when in fact ony $11. I scheduled monthly automatic payment, but they just increased the price so there was overdue.

Now, it appears I have to send the modem to CIK on my own expense. Generally how much it cost to ship a modem from Ottawa to Toronto? anyone knows? Thanks
Aug 15, 2009
182 posts
42 upvotes
Signed up for this last year. Looks like they increased the prices this year (used to be 37.5 + tax for 150u, now it's 42.5 + tax). Tried to sign up for this at Wireless Wave, except they'r being a little sketchy and saying that it's going to take a couple of hours for Fido to get back to them after doing an ID/Credit check (had to bring my driver's license + passport for ID check..). Anybody else run into something like this?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2128 posts
1191 upvotes
Ottawa
freakx2001 wrote: Walked into Walmart today. Mentioned the GC deal, was told there wasn't anything like that, but managed to get the 50% off (so $42.50 for 150u) as a straight up deal, no need to be a Fido member.

I was tired of the game of hunting for the GC, so gave in, and just got this. Still a pretty good deal.
Which walmart did you go to?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2986 posts
465 upvotes
Ottawa
fruzmatik wrote: Which walmart did you go to?
This appears to be a different deal, with no GC, you can just sign up for it. No magic. I mean I didn't do anything, just asked and the guy signed me up.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!