Expired Hot Deals

Wireless Wave Black Friday

Virgin Mobile Home Internet 100Mbps for $40/m with $50 in-store credit - NO PHONE PLAN REQUIRED - Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2021 10:59 am
Jun 11, 2020
25 posts
29 upvotes
BNTLLife wrote: What I'm wondering is if 100mb of FTTH is better than 150mb through cable
WAY better. On our 50 mbps plan with Bell and FTTH (switching to Virgin tomorrow, though, bc our Bell discount ran out), we regularly got 450 mbps down during off-peak, and around 200 mbps down during peak. Before that, we had FTTN with Teksavvy through Rogers with the same planned speed, and it was brutal, especially during peak. It also couldn't handle large downloads without basically shutting off the connections on other devices, whereas it was a non-issue with Bell.

Edit: forgot to say, this is just outside of DT Toronto and we live in a condo.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1517 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
When does this deal expire? e.g. right after Black Friday vs all the way till Boxing Day / end of year
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1606 posts
2025 upvotes
BYE BYE fido
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Nov 25, 2020
29 posts
43 upvotes
I just got Virgin installed 2 weeks ago. I know I should have waited for Black Friday but my fido promo had expired and I was paying a much higher rate. I think I'm now paying $55 for 100mbps on Virgin. Is there any way to get the BF promo applied to my account or am I screwed?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
5417 posts
3459 upvotes
SW ON
duffoo wrote: I just got Virgin installed 2 weeks ago. I know I should have waited for Black Friday but my fido promo had expired and I was paying a much higher rate. I think I'm now paying $55 for 100mbps on Virgin. Is there any way to get the BF promo applied to my account or am I screwed?
Same situation and same question here. Tried calling a week ago when they had $45/month and was told it was for new customers only.
Sep 18, 2008
624 posts
186 upvotes
I just cancelled my virgin internet last monday november 15 at my dad's address. Can I sign up for a new virgin internet at my own address for this promo? Or is it is for new signups not a new address?
[OP]
Dec 26, 2013
30 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
alpovs wrote: Same situation and same question here. Tried calling a week ago when they had $45/month and was told it was for new customers only.
You can try cancelling and then re-signing up. May result in you being a day or two without internet though. On the cancellation retention call they may honor the price as well.
tdotojnf wrote: I just cancelled my virgin internet last monday november 15 at my dad's address. Can I sign up for a new virgin internet at my own address for this promo? Or is it is for new signups not a new address?
Pretty sure you can re-sign up no problem
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2779 posts
1941 upvotes
GTA
What a waste of time. I called first to confirm this deal. Then I go there and the rep tells me no such deal. This was at the promenade mall location.

Which location,OP? And contact? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1130 posts
1552 upvotes
Universe
Berber wrote: You can try cancelling and then re-signing up. May result in you being a day or two without internet though. On the cancellation retention call they may honor the price as well.
Can we still keep the existing Virgin internet and cancel once the new one is installed or delivered? Isn't it technically possible?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16153 posts
3967 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Is this deal online, signed up for $45 earlier in June, would love to get it down to $40.
Jul 22, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
Britex wrote: Which location,OP? And contact? Thanks.
Not OP, but I called into my local Wireless Wave shop, and they've got a $45/mo + GC$50 offer. @Berber congrats on getting your deal, do you think I'll have better luck down at Eaton Centre?
[OP]
Dec 26, 2013
30 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
wawwli wrote: Not OP, but I called into my local Wireless Wave shop, and they've got a $45/mo + GC$50 offer. @Berber congrats on getting your deal, do you think I'll have better luck down at Eaton Centre?
Mine was at Yonge and Bloor at the Hudsons Bay Centre
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2779 posts
1941 upvotes
GTA
wawwli wrote: Not OP, but I called into my local Wireless Wave shop, and they've got a $45/mo + GC$50 offer. @Berber congrats on getting your deal, do you think I'll have better luck down at Eaton Centre?
So you only got what's advertised on their site :(
Berber wrote: Mine was at Yonge and Bloor at the Hudsons Bay Centre
I'm hoping I can sign up from remote as it's very inconvenient to make it down to Yonge & Bloor. Thanks though,.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2779 posts
1941 upvotes
GTA
Ah man, I just called the Hudson Bay Wireless Wave and they specifically said the price is $45/month for 100mbps Virgin Plus Internet plan (without Mobile). So, OP, either you got lucky or the deal is over. Based on what I was told, you got lucky. :(

Tis DEAD.
Apr 26, 2009
114 posts
36 upvotes
Markham
Had chat with virgin plus for same but they denied to match wireless wave. Only offer is $45 for 100/10. OP is lucky enough to get the deal. :)
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20522 posts
5980 upvotes
GTA
Also $45 for 100/10 from chat and over the phone. I don't think $40 exists anymore.
Jul 22, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
Britex wrote: Ah man, I just called the Hudson Bay Wireless Wave and they specifically said the price is $45/month for 100mbps Virgin Plus Internet plan (without Mobile). So, OP, either you got lucky or the deal is over. Based on what I was told, you got lucky. :(

Tis DEAD.
Visited that location shortly after you called. Store associate was nice, but best we could work out was the $45 deal.

If anybody else is able to get the $40/mo deal OP, please let us know.
Feb 6, 2007
709 posts
391 upvotes
Markham
I signed up last week as a current mobile customer. Plan was $35 for 100/10 as there was a multi product discount of $5 applied by the rep. Rep also set up full install at $0 and $50 bill credit. However no extra prepaid VISA this year. Done via online chat.
Aug 10, 2011
77 posts
9 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
duffoo wrote: I just got Virgin installed 2 weeks ago. I know I should have waited for Black Friday but my fido promo had expired and I was paying a much higher rate. I think I'm now paying $55 for 100mbps on Virgin. Is there any way to get the BF promo applied to my account or am I screwed?
is your current Virgin internet better than your previous fido internet? How is your experience so far? Thank you
Nov 25, 2020
29 posts
43 upvotes
sx8856 wrote: is your current Virgin internet better than your previous fido internet? How is your experience so far? Thank you
I was paying for 150mbps on Fido, but during they getting closer to 25-30. Range was bad in my apartment as the walls are thick here. Once I switched to Virgin (100mbps) the speed seems to be more consistent during the day, and actually the range seems to be better as the router they provide is much fancier than the Fido one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)