Expired Hot Deals

Wireless Wave Black Friday

Virgin Mobile Home Internet 100Mbps for $40/m with $50 in-store credit - NO PHONE PLAN REQUIRED - Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2021 10:59 am
Nov 13, 2011
78 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
duffoo wrote: I was paying for 150mbps on Fido, but during they getting closer to 25-30. Range was bad in my apartment as the walls are thick here. Once I switched to Virgin (100mbps) the speed seems to be more consistent during the day, and actually the range seems to be better as the router they provide is much fancier than the Fido one.
I had the same experience with Fido on wifi range and uneven bandwidth. I also experienced temporary disconnect from Teams and Zoom meetings due to the modem they use.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16180 posts
3991 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Any luck in extending offer to current customers?
Sep 18, 2008
624 posts
186 upvotes
I am in Ontario and on the Virgin website it is now showing $35 for 50/10 and $40 for 100/10 but no more $50 gift card.
Jul 22, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
North York, ON
wawwli wrote: Visited that location ... best we could work out was the $45 deal.
I visited my local Wireless Wave yesterday, expecting to sign on for $45/mo, and was pleasantly surprised to find my service agreement saying $40/mo.

Perhaps YMMV @ Wireless Wave or perhaps the promo @Berber mentions is in the process of rolling out
Berber wrote: Virgin via chat will do $40/month + $50 GC for non-mobile customers
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1804 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
KFried wrote: Last sept I got 50/10 for $45/mth, with $50 Virgin VISA GC. Increased to $60/mth after 1 year.

Did not register the VISA until 50 days ago. It's still in the 'WAITING APPROVAL" state. There are long reddits with people having Virgin VISAs loaded with $150 that are not accepted anywhere, including to pay the Virgin bill. Customer service just gives people the runaround to vmgiftcards and back.
I had to call 4-5 times and complain (first time they said they would re-issue, then it was escalated to back office, promised callbacks, e-mail, etc). Almost 3 months later they said it would be applied as bill credit. Going to call to see if I can get another year at 50% off as this year it doesn't seem like there are new activation + large GC offers happening.
Apr 22, 2018
70 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
surrealillusion wrote: I had to call 4-5 times and complain (first time they said they would re-issue, then it was escalated to back office, promised callbacks, e-mail, etc). Almost 3 months later they said it would be applied as bill credit. Going to call to see if I can get another year at 50% off as this year it doesn't seem like there are new activation + large GC offers happening.
See my recent post at #192. I got credited against the upcoming bill fairly easily, in no more than 10 min.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1804 posts
637 upvotes
Ottawa
KFried wrote: See my recent post at #192. I got credited against the upcoming bill fairly easily, in no more than 10 min.
I got myself sorted but not without multiple calls as not all reps seem to have the same level of knowledge when you call in (such is the world of contact centers). Also this thread only has 68 posts (including this one). Are you refrering to another thread?