Expired Hot Deals

[Wirelesswave] [FIDO] $45 for 5GB [ON] Sherway Gardens

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2019 8:46 am
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 4, 2015
328 posts
90 upvotes
T.O

[FIDO] $45 for 5GB [ON] Sherway Gardens

Price:
45
Retailer:
Wirelesswave
Went to Sherway Gardens this weekend and got a phone plan for $45 for 5GB and no activation fee.

Not sure how hot this is for an Ontario plan but it came with:

5GB of Data
Unlimited Canada-Wide
Unlimited International Text
Voicemail
Caller ID
Regular Fido Perks


Was told this wasn't a promotional price for 1 year so it seemed decent compared to the $45 for 6GBs because it's actual price after a year was $55.
TELUS 25gb/$40
12 replies
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2012
938 posts
197 upvotes
Cambridge
Wish this had come sooner.. just ported my number to Fido byod $45 plan yesterday ($55 plan with 10 off for 12 months). A gb of extra data and regular pricing would have been even better!
Member
Feb 13, 2016
429 posts
539 upvotes
Just called them, was told it's 4gb not 5gb. Still a good deal for BYOP
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 14, 2011
103 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea if its just this location?
Any chance they would waive SIM card cost, and/or activation fees?
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 4, 2015
328 posts
90 upvotes
T.O
onthemove wrote: Just called them, was told it's 4gb not 5gb. Still a good deal for BYOP
I'm not sure if it's being promoted even by Fido, I know I managed to find it at the Wirelesswave at Sherway.
Deadpool_Merc wrote: Any idea if its just this location?
Any chance they would waive SIM card cost, and/or activation fees?
Unsure, I asked Fairview Fido and they did not seem to know anything about the deal. SIM and activation was free at Sherway as well.
TELUS 25gb/$40
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 19, 2016
21 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
I got this promotional offer too at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby BC. It's 5gb. Thinking of switching. Heard it was on until 19th.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2017
85 posts
40 upvotes
Wireless Wave in Promenade Mall says it's 4GB for $45 but only for one year. After the 12 months it'll revert to $55.

Anyone have luck at any other locations in GTA?
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 4, 2015
328 posts
90 upvotes
T.O
Childkangaroo wrote: Wireless Wave in Promenade Mall says it's 4GB for $45 but only for one year. After the 12 months it'll revert to $55.

Anyone have luck at any other locations in GTA?
That’s even worse than the promo offers I see in other malls. Most are offering $45 for 6gbs for the temporary savings. 🤮
TELUS 25gb/$40
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 14, 2011
103 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
taurine wrote: I'm not sure if it's being promoted even by Fido, I know I managed to find it at the Wirelesswave at Sherway.



Unsure, I asked Fairview Fido and they did not seem to know anything about the deal. SIM and activation was free at Sherway as well.
Thanks.
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 19, 2016
21 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
the $45/6GB is for 12 months only, then it will go to $55. the $45/5 GB with unlimited canada wide minutes is permanent for people migrating to Fido or Virgin from another carrier. just to clarify.
Sr. Member
Jun 17, 2003
628 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto, ON
powdermonkey007 wrote: the $45/6GB is for 12 months only, then it will go to $55. the $45/5 GB with unlimited canada wide minutes is permanent for people migrating to Fido or Virgin from another carrier. just to clarify.
This is correct. It is also no charge for activation and sim card only if you are coming from particular carriers (they mentioned Chatr as one of them). Coming from Telus I was not eligible for the no-cost activation/sim card. I went with the $45 6gb plan instead (which I realize goes up to $55 after 12 months), as for me it is still a good deal, and it had no cost for activation and sim card.

And just to confirm, at Sherway Wireless Wave it was 5 GB for $45 for the migration plan, not 4 GB as some found at other locations.

Top