[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6230 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto

Wisdom Teeth - FOOD IDEAS!!

I got my wisdom teeth out on the 18th.

All i've been eating is jello, soup, and some plain cake that i can mush up in my mouth.

I eat so much of all the above but i'm starving. I can't taste any flavour when I eat things. Someone help me....

Just offer some other food idea alternatives.

I'm going to pig out once this is all over with.
19 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
5 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
You should be able to eat something more solid by now since it's been 3 days. Mashed potato, pasta (avoid ground meat still) etc should be ok
Banned
May 5, 2003
4879 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Mashed bananas
Oatmeal
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6230 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
hey thanks for the link Rehan

I found some other threads on wisdom teeth removal, but didn't find this one.

thanks.

yea ive been having scrambled eggs too. the thing is, because i can't really "chew" yet......i end up just wolfing down the foods i eat, and its like i can't enjoy the flavour. its almost painful. lol....i miss meat.
Oct 1, 2004
280 posts
can i ask you how much it hurt?
i have to get mine out soon :S
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2003
1884 posts
180 upvotes
Vancouver
CuppaKid wrote:can i ask you how much it hurt?

It will one of the worse experiences in life :cheesygri
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6230 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
CuppaKid wrote:can i ask you how much it hurt?
well for me it didn't hurt that much. i went to an oral surgeon, and they put me under some laughing gas (that stuff is great) and they hooked up the IV to me, and they knocked me out with something....

when I woke up I was in the recovery room with gauze in my mouth.

to be honest, i didn't feel much pain the day of.

I came home, changed the gauze, and just rested pretty much. the day after the swelling started. but even still, its not so bad. at least not as bad as i've heard from other ppl. they give u painkillers, so i mean i havn't been in huge pain or anything. if anythings its really more "discomfort" than pain.

prolly the worst part was when i felt like i was going to black out the day of the surgery when i was changing the gauze. my eyes went all black and i couldn't see, so i just leaned against the wall on the ground till i got my vision back lol =) but dont worry too much. you should be fine

if you search the forum for "wisdom teeth" you'll find a few more threads with ppl discussing their experiences. hope it helps
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2004
2100 posts
70 upvotes
GTA
weird... i had my wisdom teeth pulled out went for beer and pizza the same night, very minor discomfort, buddy had them taken out and looked like he was hiding to nuts in his mouth

anyways, my buddy had a milkshake like 2 or 3 times a day, thats what he basically susvived on
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
31 Spooner St. NIFOC
Easiest thing to do is grab some Ensure and juice.
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Jul 29, 2004
61 posts
Pain really depends on how badly they are impacted. I had all 4 removed and was chewing food the next day. I had a syringe to clean out the holes where my teeth used to be so that no food got stuck in there. I specifically remember eating a hamburger on day 3 'cause I cooked it at 2:00am upon my return from the bar. For the first day I drank Ensure, then soup and pita on the 2nd day, then a burger on the third night.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1643 posts
10 upvotes
apple sauce is also pretty good.

I was lucky enough to be able to chew solids after 2 days. The first day i was too drugged out to do anything, day 2 I just ate all the mashed potato, jello and apple sauce.
By day 3 soups were pretty good and later that day i was back to regular foods pretty much.
Heatware: 40-0-0
Jun 20, 2004
893 posts
16 upvotes
congee

yeah also depends on how old you are and how much they're grown in...better to do it at a yonger age, less pain and complications.

got mine 1st year of U just before new years eve, went drinking the night after, didn't have to use pain killers.

just wondering was anyone awake during the op? my bro was out like a light but i was put under but still awake. No pain during but i could still feel them poking and pulling around in there.
Sep 18, 2004
386 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto ON
darth wolf wrote:congee

yeah also depends on how old you are and how much they're grown in...better to do it at a yonger age, less pain and complications.

got mine 1st year of U just before new years eve, went drinking the night after, didn't have to use pain killers.

just wondering was anyone awake during the op? my bro was out like a light but i was put under but still awake. No pain during but i could still feel them poking and pulling around in there.
Owch. I actually just had mine pulled out one week ago and the thought of being awake during the op would be freaky! Someone told me after the fact that anaesthetic doesn't work on 10% of people but you don't know until you have it done. :)

BTW on topic, I've been eating soup for almost a week straight. I think it's time to grab some chinese food or something with mega calories. Must have lost 5-10 pounds.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1215 upvotes
Sauga
I was awake when I had my two lower wisdom teeth pulled last December. I hardly felt a thing and it was over quicker than I thought it would take. The only freaky thing about it is hearing the teeth cracking as they're pulled out... :confused: