Expired Hot Deals

[Wizards of the Coast] Free: Dungeons & Dragons material (and some by donation)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 3:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1030 posts
1640 upvotes
St. Albert, AB

Free: Dungeons & Dragons material (and some by donation)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast is putting up daily (Monday to Friday) free material including adventures, adventures for the children, and colouring pages. From their website:
As an added resource for gamers, the D&D team is pleased to offer the following material as free adventures and resources for use in your games—whether you’re playing in a kitchen table campaign, you're an active participant in the D&D Adventurers League, or are simply interested in learning more about Dungeons & Dragons and trying it out for yourself.

With schools closed around the world, many parents and caregivers are at home with their kids, including many in the D&D community. If you are in need of fun & educational material to share and/or play with your kids, you can check back here each day for D&D stuff to help during this time. If you (or someone you know) is a younger gamer, we’re also releasing resources to make it even easier to get into D&D.

Content will be added daily, Monday-Friday. Check back each day for the latest free, downloadable content. Please note that certain adventures are being made free on the DMs Guild for a limited time, so be sure to grab them now while you can!
It is a bit of a slow process to add things to the cart but they've got a week's worth of material up there already. Once you get to the checkout you can batch download pdf files to a drop box or in a zip file.

https://dnd.wizards.com/remote/freematerial
Last edited by stony on Apr 12th, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1030 posts
1640 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
DavidG88021 wrote: the pay what you want are considered free too?
Well, you can pay what you want so if you want to pay zero, then yes. However, when selecting $0.00 for a 'pay what you want' item, a comment on the website also pops up suggesting you comeback and make a payment if you found the item useful or of value ... it is up to you, though.
Aug 12, 2018
237 posts
74 upvotes
Looks good to me, their shopping cart is so slow.. I tried opening multiple product pages and adding each of them to cart at the same time. But things wouldn't add to the cart properly. Just a word of advice for anyone who is going to use it. Don't do what I did. Do it one by one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1030 posts
1640 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
The new modules for this week are starting to come out and Mondays is a limited time offer (Until April 20)

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170462 ... of-Fire-5e
MONDAY: APRIL 13, 2020

D&D Adventurers League:

DDEX1-05: The Courting of Fire: An adventure for levels 1-4—available now for free for a limited time (through April 20).

An exiled cultist and his kobold minions are spotted searching for long-forgotten ruins in the Dragonspire Mountains. Rumors say he looks for a precious gift to give a fearsome dragon that dwells there. What he hopes to attain with his gift is unknown, but can't be good for the citizens of Phlan. By authors Shawn Merwin, Claire Hoffman, Chris Tulach, and Travis Woodall.
Apr 1, 2009
273 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP and cleansoap!

Will give both a try. I couldn't find any age guidance, though. Do you have an idea what is the recommended minimum age?

Thank you!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1030 posts
1640 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Olbi wrote: Thanks OP and cleansoap!

Will give both a try. I couldn't find any age guidance, though. Do you have an idea what is the recommended minimum age?

Thank you!
Not sure if you are referring to D&D or degenesis, but both my kids started with D&D when they were around 11 and that was in a setting put on at the public library. If you are playing it as a family unit I'd say 10 for sure or even a bit younger depending on maturity (and by maturity I do not mean for content so much as for being able to sit at a table top game for extended periods of time over the course of several days - Mini-adventures can be much shorter, though).