Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] WM: Bell MOTO KRZR Was $78.83, NOW $48.83!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2009 12:01 am
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
643 posts
91 upvotes

[Bell] WM: Bell MOTO KRZR Was $78.83, NOW $48.83!

didn't see this posted yet.

BELL Motorola KRZR at Walmart was $78.83,

NOW $48.83

CDMA only so cannot be used with simcard.

i believe you also get a $50 startup credit if it is a new prepaid activation (i could be wrong though, it could be $15).

either way great price for changing your banged up contract or prepaid phone to if you're already a bell customer.

Should be across the board but you can check your local walmart for stock... i don't think this will last long in stores.

BELL Prepaid Info
:)
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5872 posts
266 upvotes
Quebec
Get a $50 credit with new activation of the LG Rumour, Samsung Cleo, Samsung u740, Samsung Link or Samsung Vice. Else it's 15$.
May 7, 2005
68 posts
19 upvotes
Awesome, I'll head down there tomorrow and pick one up so I can use it for a year and get my cancellation fee down to something more reasonable.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3473 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
Can you unlock this and use this on the Koodo network? I need to replace a phone for my little sister and was wondering with these CDMA phones can you just call up the company and transfer everything. I'm not sure how this works.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3617 posts
92 upvotes
CDMA phones are locked to the carrier - Telus phones on T network, etc.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1181 posts
170 upvotes
Montreal
Can these be activated on an existing post-paid contract?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
1169 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
scouzi wrote: Can these be activated on an existing post-paid contract?
Yea, I'd like to know as well. :confused:
Sep 1, 2006
268 posts
Blackjack wrote: Yea, I'd like to know as well. :confused:
Yes, but you might get charged a $25 ESN swap fee. If you're really nice to them/***** enough they will waive it though.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
643 posts
91 upvotes
yes,
just ask the associate in store to do an ESN swap for you,
its free and takes less 5 minutes.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1359 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart phones have to activated onto prepaid service first.
Then you go to a store and ask for an ESN Swap between your Prepaid account and your Postpaid Account.
Then you can find programming instructions online or pay a fee in store for doing it. (There is no standard fee - each store can charge different prices. Most commonly it's $15 to $20 + GST/PST)
You're Walmart purchased phone is now on your account.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2007
643 posts
91 upvotes
BryceS wrote: Walmart phones have to activated onto prepaid service first.Then you go to a store and ask for an ESP Swap between your Prepaid account and your Postpaid Account.
Then you can find programming instructions online or pay a fee in store for doing it. (There is no standard fee - each store can charge different prices. Most commonly it's $15 to $20 + GST/PST)
You're Walmart purchased phone is now on your account.
i'm not to sure where you heard that first line, but that is not true. you just have to purchase the phone, and the walmart rep can log onto their terminal and get it done for you (esn change and programming) for FREE. no need to activate on prepaid first.

i feel sorry for people who have to pay fees for swapping an ESN (i'm guessing thats what your "ESP" referred to?) or to program it. private stores or bell stores just trying to put extra dough in their pockets... it takes the store just a few minutes to do.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3473 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
jed wrote: CDMA phones are locked to the carrier - Telus phones on T network, etc.
Yeah, but would it work when you unlock it though?
Oct 11, 2009
150 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Matryx wrote: Yeah, but would it work when you unlock it though?
How do you unlock cdma phones?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1359 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
drunag wrote: i'm not to sure where you heard that first line, but that is not true. you just have to purchase the phone, and the walmart rep can log onto their terminal and get it done for you (esn change and programming) for FREE. no need to activate on prepaid first.

i feel sorry for people who have to pay fees for swapping an ESN (i'm guessing thats what your "ESP" referred to?) or to program it. private stores or bell stores just trying to put extra dough in their pockets... it takes the store just a few minutes to do.
Well Walmart phones have to be initially activated at WalMart. I didn't know WalMart does prepaid activation in-store these days.

Can't buy a WalMart phone, not activate it and then just take it to a Bell store to put on your account.

ESP was just an ESN typo.

Fees are valid as you're not a customer of the store. Once you become a repeat customer and build a relationship that you will easily get fees waived.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1359 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote: Yeah, but would it work when you unlock it though?
No.