Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Black&Decker pivot cordless screwdriver - 14.98 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2015 9:44 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1322 posts
267 upvotes

[Walmart] Black&Decker pivot cordless screwdriver - 14.98 (50% off)

This can be twisted from a pistol like shape to a handle shape, and it has an LED light build in.

OOS online but plenty of stock in stores from what I see

180 rpm
40 in-lbs torque
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1272 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
I bought it from Amazon.ca at same price. good screwdriver. Only issue with me is that the charger doesn't have an indicator light to indicate charging complete.
Apr 16, 2015
844 posts
485 upvotes
3 reviews

Those who lack a certain 'tool finesse' won't like it.

The only reason I own this tool was due to its price. I believe the retail on it was incorrectly given. Then again, perhaps it wasn't. It's "adequate" enough for its intended purpose though it's almost a shame. It could have exceeded any user expectations if it had received more forethought.

Pros:
Its flexibility. Having provisiion to alter its configuration, I found this feature both practical and convenient.

Cons:
The alleged 24-position 'clutch' is mostly "show" and "no-go". Placement of the forward/reverse button switch is, simply stated, non-ideal as well as "hair-trigger sensitive". The latter quality I found to be most annoying! Motor rpm fell somwewhere between slow and lethargic, even on a full charge!

No separate trigger and awkward at best

I thought this would be a useful tool, until I opened the package and couldn't find the trigger. You have to keep your finger on the foward/reverse button located on the top of the driver to make it go. Unless you have a very large hand, it is impossible at worst, and awkward at best. I returned it the next day.

Pros:
Nothing.

Cons:
No reasonable way to use it.

Good for light duty home use

The battery life is good, but the 24-position clutch
is worthless.

Pros:
The price was right for light duty projects.

Cons:
The 24-position clutch.

It has been replaced with http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-Li200 ... crewdriver that has a Lithium Ion Battery holds a charge for up to 18 months. ($27 Cdn)