Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

WM: Genius MousePen 8x6 Graphic Tablet $54.83

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2009 2:54 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 5, 2007
646 posts
125 upvotes

[Walmart] WM: Genius MousePen 8x6 Graphic Tablet $54.83

I saw this at my local wal-mart in Mississauga and decided to pick it up.

it is a Genius MousePen 8x6 graphics tablet for $54.83 (iirc).

I know its not a Wacom, but tbh, at that price, its great for people who are just starting a hobby into photo editing and such.
the cheapest wacom i've seen is usually around $80 and definately does not have the same area as this one.


reviews at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Genius-MousePen-6 ... 667&sr=8-1

Most of the negative reviews appear to be about bad driver support or DOA from amazon. I installed this on my (vista) computer last night and it ran absolutely fine. I only used it for an hour though, and since it is my first tablet, I know there'll be a bit of a learning curve. I'll put in some more use this coming week.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there for those that are interested.

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... AA280_.jpg[/IMG]
8 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 16, 2008
2737 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
i have this thing. Got it from Dubai..much cheaper than 50 bucks tho
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2004
728 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
Bought this more than a year ago for similar price (from different store).
There was a skip when drawing (hardware problem). Returned it and got a new one. Used it about 3 times.

Several months later when I tried to use it again, the pen wouldn't work. Changed the battery. Still won't work. Now it's in the closet, as I can't find a place to purchase a replacement pen anywhere. :(


Does anyone know if there are any in Montreal? Will buy another one. Wacom is still expensive.
Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2005
424 posts
8 upvotes
temporary user wrote: Bought this more than a year ago for similar price (from different store).
There was a skip when drawing (hardware problem). Returned it and got a new one. Used it about 3 times.

Several months later when I tried to use it again, the pen wouldn't work. Changed the battery. Still won't work. Now it's in the closet, as I can't find a place to purchase a replacement pen anywhere. :(


Does anyone know if there are any in Montreal? Will buy another one. Wacom is still expensive.
Wacom is more expensive than this tablet, but IMO the return on it is better, even at its new price at around $80. I bought my Wacom around 3 years ago and it's still running steady. You don't need batteries for the pen, so you'd have to break it to need to get a new one.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1026 posts
35 upvotes
drunag wrote: I saw this at my local wal-mart in Mississauga and decided to pick it up.

it is a Genius MousePen 8x6 graphics tablet for $54.83 (iirc).

I know its not a Wacom, but tbh, at that price, its great for people who are just starting a hobby into photo editing and such.
the cheapest wacom i've seen is usually around $80 and definately does not have the same area as this one.


reviews at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Genius-MousePen-6 ... 667&sr=8-1

Most of the negative reviews appear to be about bad driver support or DOA from amazon. I installed this on my (vista) computer last night and it ran absolutely fine. I only used it for an hour though, and since it is my first tablet, I know there'll be a bit of a learning curve. I'll put in some more use this coming week.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there for those that are interested.

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... AA280_.jpg[/IMG]
Exact Location?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
Get a Wacom Bamboo for $100, much better value and doesn't need batteries.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 16, 2008
2737 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
ashgotti wrote: Get a Wacom Bamboo for $100, much better value and doesn't need batteries.
neither does this and this thing is a stunning performer. Teh waco has 1024 pressure points..so does this. It's like buying monoprice vs Monster HDMI Cables lol
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2008
609 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a Wacom Bamboo for $60 at FS back in November and it is still amazing. Wacom tablets always go on sale, so just keep a lookout.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Aug 5, 2007
646 posts
125 upvotes
spong wrote: Exact Location?
South Common on erinmills and burnhamthorpe in Mississauga
lpsaad wrote: neither does this and this thing is a stunning performer. Teh waco has 1024 pressure points..so does this. It's like buying monoprice vs Monster HDMI Cables lol
LOL
while i agree that the price on this Genius tablet is great (hell, i posted this deal!), saying that wacom is like monster cable is laughable

--> :lol: :lol:

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)