Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Scotts EZ Grow Grass Seed $13.88 - $5 Coupon (possible PM with HD)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2015 11:15 pm
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa

[Walmart] Scotts EZ Grow Grass Seed $13.88 - $5 Coupon (possible PM with HD)

Walmart has Scotts EZ Seed 1.7kg on for $13.88 in-store (online still says $19.88) at the Oshawa North location and from what I can tell, most stores as well. Add the $5 off Scotts coupon and the total after tax in Ontario is $10.04.

You may get lucky like I did at Home Depot and get them to price match the in-store price by showing them the Walmart website that says available in-store for $13.88 and get this for $7.49 ($13.88- 10% - $5 Coupon) + Tax = $8.46 but that's YMMV.

** Just a heads up for those PMing at HD. This morning (Sun. May 17) I was told that starting immediately I can no longer use my phone as a method to PM. Apparently there's an app out there that will mimic retail websites and advertise any price you want. Also, cashiers don't have web access (or so they say) so no verification can be done unless you go through Customer Service. I pressed the issue and got my discount anyways but thought I'd warn everyone.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3927 posts
1825 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks but this has already been posted. Also did the PM at HD for $7.49 plus taxes.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
deals46 wrote: Thanks but this has already been posted. Also did the PM at HD for $7.49 plus taxes.
Sorry for the repost. Searched and couldn't see anything.

** Never mind. The third time I searched I found the OP. Odd it didn't come up before.

Mods can delete this post if they so choose.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1756 posts
319 upvotes
Barrie
IT was $5.80 last week if matching TSC at HD with coupon. Was a great deal, but even at this price it's a great deal!
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
Just a heads up for those PMing at HD. This morning I was told that starting immediately I can no longer use my phone as a method to PM. Apparently there's an app out there that will mimic retail websites and advertise any price you want. Also, cashiers don't have web access (or so they say) so no verification can be done unless you go through Customer Service. I pressed the issue and got my discount anyways but thought I'd warn everyone.
Nov 24, 2013
126 posts
21 upvotes
Hornby, ON
Bum_Gravey wrote: Just a heads up for those PMing at HD. This morning I was told that starting immediately I can no longer use my phone as a method to PM. Apparently there's an app out there that will mimic retail websites and advertise any price you want. Also, cashiers don't have web access (or so they say) so no verification can be done unless you go through Customer Service. I pressed the issue and got my discount anyways but thought I'd warn everyone.
lol i tried to google the app just to see whats up with it never heard of it or anything... cant seem to find any such thing
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
RaptorPlayoffs wrote: lol i tried to google the app just to see whats up with it never heard of it or anything... cant seem to find any such thing
Yeah me either. Seems a bit of BS from HD to me but it's not outside the realm of possibilities.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1505 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
Bum_Gravey wrote: Yeah me either. Seems a bit of BS from HD to me but it's not outside the realm of possibilities.
Prob related to Amazon store issue...just HD twisting facts to justify not doing PM's
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11134 posts
5043 upvotes
Do you need to print a coupon for each jug you want to buy? Or can you bring one, and they will scan it multiple times?

I need like 4 of these once I am done building my fence.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
Gutty96 wrote: Do you need to print a coupon for each jug you want to buy? Or can you bring one, and they will scan it multiple times?

Coupon says "A limit of one (1) product may be redeemed per coupon and a limit of one (1) coupon may be redeemed per person." So, one at a time unless you get lucky.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3096 posts
1700 upvotes
Canada
Gutty96 wrote: Do you need to print a coupon for each jug you want to buy? Or can you bring one, and they will scan it multiple times?

I printed two, but they would only let me use one as they have the same code on each. So of course I just went to another Walmart on the way home...
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
11134 posts
5043 upvotes
I just bought 3, with 3 coupons, so YMMV.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1133 posts
278 upvotes
Markham
website now shows $19.88 in stores when it used to say $13.88...i think the price drop is over :(

i first checked the link a few days ago and it did show $13.88:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/scotts-turf ... AqD7bLWUPI

but didnt have time to go and was going to buy tonight but now it seems back to reg price minus $5 so $6 more a bottle now booooo.
anyone see in store what the price is?
Sandviper
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2803 posts
269 upvotes
Snocow wrote: Prob related to Amazon store issue...just HD twisting facts to justify not doing PM's
I don't see why these stores like to make it difficult to price match. Wouldn't they rather have me buy it from them at the competitor's sale price than buy it from their competitor?