PC & Video Games

Wolverine just announced for PS5 developed by Insomniac

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 10:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5347 posts
3618 upvotes
Toronto and London

Wolverine just announced for PS5 developed by Insomniac




Sony won this Gen already but who didn't see it coming apart from the 5 xbox fans here?
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
7417 posts
845 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anything being developed by Insomniac will be a good time IMO... their track record proves it.

Insomniac Games is carrying PS so hard right now.

2018 - Spider-Man 1
2020 - Miles Morales
2021 - Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
2023 - Spider-Man 2
2023/2024? - Wolverine
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5347 posts
3618 upvotes
Toronto and London
jeffyjaixx wrote: Anything being developed by Insomniac will be a good time IMO... their track record proves it.

Insomniac Games is carrying PS so hard right now.

2018 - Spider-Man 1
2020 - Miles Morales
2021 - Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
2023 - Spider-Man 2
2023/2024? - Wolverine
It was a great purchase by Sony.

They are going to have more output than Bethesda this Gen.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 28, 2006
7417 posts
845 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Great news they are going to be PS5 only, can only mean we'll see even higher visual fidelity than Miles Morales.

Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1553 posts
572 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:


Sony won this Gen already but who didn't see it coming apart from the 5 xbox fans here?
One 30 second trailer for a game that will release in 5 years is what will win Sony the generation? The generation will be over by the time this game comes out and Sony will be charging you $100+ dollars + $20 extra to upgrade it to PS6 version. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5347 posts
3618 upvotes
Toronto and London
Bryson wrote: One 30 second trailer for a game that will release in 5 years is what will win Sony the generation? The generation will be over by the time this game comes out and Sony will be charging you $100+ dollars + $20 extra to upgrade it to PS6 version. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Xbox fan #1!

A strategy where Sony is taking it straight out of Microsoft's playbook.Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
4503 posts
4665 upvotes
GTA
I'm excited it's going to be a thing, and I'm sure it will be amazing. I'm just not entirely bought in yet because it's going to be years away. Closer to launch, I'm sure it will be more interesting
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 25, 2007
1764 posts
615 upvotes
I wish they released this first since there is already Spidy games to play. Will be interesting to see what kind of gameplay it is.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6821 posts
7361 upvotes
Richmond Hill
can't wait to see what the collector's edition figurines look like for these titles
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2014
935 posts
633 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Bryson wrote: One 30 second trailer for a game that will release in 5 years is what will win Sony the generation? The generation will be over by the time this game comes out and Sony will be charging you $100+ dollars + $20 extra to upgrade it to PS6 version. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
People are allowed to be excited for things dude. Try it sometime.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4770 posts
1682 upvotes
Toronto
inocent wrote: I wish they released this first since there is already Spidy games to play. Will be interesting to see what kind of gameplay it is.
If anything, the fact that it's Insomniac makes me more excited for this than I normally would be. I can also see a team like Ninja Theory or Platinum Games doing a good job with Wolverine too, and in that case I envision it being a 3rd person beat em up action adventure.

The last X-Men related game I thoroughly enjoyed was Wolverine Origins and that was a long time ago but it felt like it captured the type of gameplay I want from a Wolverine game.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2004
8341 posts
1964 upvotes
Will be interesting to see if the game will be rated M. At least I hope so.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1189 posts
432 upvotes
Nova Scotia
M1GOmigs wrote: If anything, the fact that it's Insomniac makes me more excited for this than I normally would be. I can also see a team like Ninja Theory or Platinum Games doing a good job with Wolverine too, and in that case I envision it being a 3rd person beat em up action adventure.

The last X-Men related game I thoroughly enjoyed was Wolverine Origins and that was a long time ago but it felt like it captured the type of gameplay I want from a Wolverine game.
This may sound silly but I hope for a "Mad Max" Style game that is semi open world third person. I know the vehicles played a big part in MM but I enjoyed the style of it and maybe they could do that for Wolverine. I mean how else can Wolverine get around.
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2014
935 posts
633 upvotes
Kingston, ON
quicksilver7 wrote: This may sound silly but I hope for a "Mad Max" Style game that is semi open world third person. I know the vehicles played a big part in MM but I enjoyed the style of it and maybe they could do that for Wolverine. I mean how else can Wolverine get around.
Fly the Xmen Jet?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4770 posts
1682 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote: I mean how else can Wolverine get around.
Motorcycle usually...

Although maybe he can just repeatedly Berserker Barrage from one place to another Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1189 posts
432 upvotes
Nova Scotia
M1GOmigs wrote: Motorcycle usually...

Although maybe he can just repeatedly Berserker Barrage from one place to another Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
See thats how much i know about the Wolverine universe....motorcycle that you can pimp out like in Mad Max. Sign me up.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4770 posts
1682 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote: See thats how much i know about the Wolverine universe....motorcycle that you can pimp out like in Mad Max. Sign me up.
One cool premise would be that you get to play Wolverine over the years, and each iteration would play slightly different. Like Weapon X would be pure aggro and all offense, maybe have a bone claw version where the attacks aren't as powerful so you have to rely more on stealth, and maybe an Old Man Logan version that's more of a tank, etc...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1

Top