• Jan 30th, 2010 9:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11743 posts
6929 upvotes
Paris

[Rona] Wood Screws - Burlington, ON - Hot

I was in Tamarack lumber this week, and their wood screws of various sizes and lengths (#4 1/2" to #14 4") are all half price of Depot, Rona, Lowe's, HH.

For instance:

#8 1-1/4" are $2.18 for a box of 100 Compared to those mentioned above at $5+

Their selection is better too, as they have #6 screws over 1", which I can never find at the box stores.

They are only packaged in 100's, but a 500 jar at Depot for #8 1" to 2" is around $27, and this way its only ~$11.

All screws (deck, brass, drywall) seemed cheaper to me, as did lag screws, and simpson strong ties.

If you are like me and like to just have a good selection of screws on hand, its worth the trip to save half off. They are on the North Service Road between Guelph Line and Walker's line (right near Lee Valley) in Burlington.

Here is what i got today for $37.61

1/2"
3/4"
1-1/4"
1-1/2"
1-3/4"
2"

1-1/4"

5/8"
1"
1-1/4"
1-1/2"
1-3/4"

100 of each, $37.61 all in. 1,200 screws of various sizes. These seem to be their normal price, and a comparison of the screws I buy at Depot shows the head size the same, length the same, etc. I don't know if the heads twist off any easier, but the Depot ones are soft enough, so these can't be much worse.

Edit: Forgot to mention these come boxed in 100's, versus bulk by weight.
11 replies
Dec 27, 2009
319 posts
124 upvotes
thanks!

I'll be going by to price out paneling and lumber as well.

Has anyone found them to be better priced than the big box stores on any other products ?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11743 posts
6929 upvotes
Paris
I priced them on pressure treated for a deck, and they were within pennies of everyone else. I would have had them do it (as they have/had free local delivery), but I work in Bur, but live in Paris ON, so delivery would have cost.

As for Trim, they have a truly AWESOME selection of real wood, and primed MDF trim. My friends got high trim for an older home they lived in, and they mentioned 2 things:

1) almost half price of boxed stores
2) longer lengths (if you have ever used 8 foot trim on a 20 foot wall, you will know why this matters).

Yes, the address posted above was the place.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2677 posts
634 upvotes
Burlington
2 thumbs up for Tamarac. Great selection, great prices.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22067 posts
715 upvotes
Newmarket
Glad the hotness of this deal has been confirmedby more senior members.

Damn, wish i knew this a couple weeks before, spent a fortune on wood and drywall screws for out kitchen reno.
Oh well, next time.

How does their prices for 2X4's compare to the box stores? Have some basement framing to do in the spring.

anyone used their delivery services?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2356 posts
692 upvotes
Halton
Just off topic on this, I remember I called this company about lumber and the price wasn't too good (compare with HD). Now it's good to know their screws is better than any others.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2060 posts
447 upvotes
casper wrote: 2 thumbs up for tamarac. Great selection, great prices.
+1
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Oct 16, 2004
351 posts
11 upvotes
saw the title and i thought it would be a thread about Tiger Woods...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11743 posts
6929 upvotes
Paris
Fire wrote: Just off topic on this, I remember I called this company about lumber and the price wasn't too good (compare with HD).
Agreed. The PT I priced was the same price (essentially). They seem to excel at trim, mouldings, etc and fasteners. Honestly not sure about the rest of their prices (aka 2x4s). I am going back in this week as I missed buying 2 screw sizes.

I might ask about drywall, melamine, and slatwall (I friggin' love slat wall and am always looking for a deal).
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2356 posts
692 upvotes
Halton
Jerico wrote: Agreed. The PT I priced was the same price (essentially). They seem to excel at trim, mouldings, etc and fasteners. Honestly not sure about the rest of their prices (aka 2x4s). I am going back in this week as I missed buying 2 screw sizes.

I might ask about drywall, melamine, and slatwall (I friggin' love slat wall and am always looking for a deal).

If u r talking about in Burlington area, Check Winroc. 4x8 10.xx and 4x7 9.xx. Insulation is much cheap than HD as well. Just off 403 on walkers line.

Winroc A Division Of Superior Plus LP1121 Walkers Line, Burlington, ON L7N 2G4(905) 335-5012‎

The only bad thing is they don't open on weekend.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)