Expired Hot Deals

[Woot.com] Xiaomi Mi M365 Electric Scooter - White - $329.99 [USD] - YMMV (US DEAL)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2019 1:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2354 posts
2908 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Xiaomi Mi M365 Electric Scooter - White - $329.99 [USD] - YMMV (US DEAL)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
45%
Expiry:
October 23, 2019
Retailer:
Woot.com
Woot.com (an Amazon.com company) has the Xiaomi M365 scooter on daily deal today for $329.99 USD (after NY taxes it came to $356.39) so with conversion about $485 CDN.

To get free shipping you need to be an American Amazon Prime member, (free 30day trial works)

••••• Remember, this is a US deal, hence the BIG YMMV, you will need an AmeriFriend or you can ship to a forwarder (like CrossBorderPickUps). No direct shipping to Canada ••••••

I bought one during the last promo and had it shipped to Mississauga via CrossBorderPickups, with, conversion, taxes, forwarding and duty (got classified as a "Kids Electric Scooter" :p) my grand out of pocket total came to $530 CDN; not too shabby when the regular price in Canada is $650 CDN + tax. I've had mine for approx 3 weeks now and it's a hell lot of fun, didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I do. Even friends who thought it was a waste of money have changed their minds after "taking it for a spin". :)
Last edited by remik on Oct 22nd, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8570 posts
1053 upvotes
Thanks, very tempting but would need to wait almost 7 months to be able to use this
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20435 posts
21554 upvotes
Toronto
peterlau123 wrote: these are illegal in ontario
Not sure where you live but here in Toronto the Police can't be bothered to enforce any traffic rules...
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2354 posts
2908 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Yeah, I actually took mine on the GO into Toronto and then rode from Union up Bay, passing 2 officers on foot patrol, even while I was stopped at a red I was less than a meter away from 1 cop... and nothing.

Cops have more important "laws" to enforce, as long as you don't ride it on a busy Toronto sidewalk you should be fine.
Dec 18, 2003
562 posts
104 upvotes
cops will not stop you in Ottawa either as long as you follow the same rules as a cyclist. i.e dont be dumb and be a danger to others.
Jun 26, 2007
859 posts
598 upvotes
remik wrote: I think it's more of a "grey zone" at the moment where Cops dont' want to deal with people fighting tickets as there really isn't a precedent set on enforcement yet.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/electric-sco ... -1.4474232
As long as you don't ride them on the sidewalk. I've seen several people ticketed for riding electric vehicles on the sidewalk in Toronto. I'm hoping they're road legal soon, If they follow the same rules as e-bikes (max speed, limited to low-speed roads, etc) I can't see why they won't make them legal. I do think Dockless scooter shares can burn in hell, but for privately owned ones or docked shares they should be legal.
Aug 4, 2008
86 posts
30 upvotes
Going over 100km/h is illegal, but drive at 105km/h and I can assure you you won't get a ticket. Its not because something is illegal that you are going to get a ticket. Law enforcement officers are more than just monkeys going by the law like machines, they use their judgement and intervene when its necessary.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2354 posts
2908 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DealCanuck wrote: @remik also posted the another deal from BB marketplace $550 CAD shipped, I have yet to see if they are legit.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-buy ... 2321447/3/

Yup, giving people another route that may cost them a bit more if they don't want to deal with ordering from the US to save some "cheddar"; some have mentioned that they got clones from JP Mobile while others stated they got authentic. I ordered from Woot.com and mine was authentic Xiaomi.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5382 posts
1989 upvotes
Canuckland
remik wrote: Yup, giving people another route that may cost them a bit more if they don't want to deal with ordering from the US to save some "cheddar"; some have mentioned that they got clones from JP Mobile while others stated they got authentic. I ordered from Woot.com and mine was authentic Xiaomi.
I got a genuine one, though it will only connect with the xiaomi app, ninebot app no longer works
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2354 posts
2908 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DealCanuck wrote: I got a genuine one, though it will only connect with the xiaomi app, ninebot app no longer works
My firmware updated as soon as I booted it up and launched the MiHome app, but I'm still able to use NineBot app which I like the look of more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)