wordperfect 8 on old laptop ??

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 11:07 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 29, 2019
2 posts

wordperfect 8 on old laptop ??

I have a wp 8 upgrade that I paid online and installed last year. I just bought a new laptop,Is there a way I can move this program to my new laptop. I don't have any of the papers for the old program.. ....misplace everything. Need step by step instructions.....not good with computers .
8 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
14220 posts
3249 upvotes
Markham
just use
free Libre office
https://www.libreoffice.org/
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1881 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Try contacting Corel. I'm thinking they could look up your license key and verify who you are using your email address and/or phone number.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1114 posts
1163 upvotes
BC
shar1950 wrote: I have a wp 8 upgrade that I paid online and installed last year. I just bought a new laptop,Is there a way I can move this program to my new laptop. I don't have any of the papers for the old program.. ....misplace everything. Need step by step instructions.....not good with computers .
If you still have the WP8 installation program or can download it but missing the product key, you can run Belarc Advisor to extract the product key from your old computer. After installing and running Belarc, look under the report for “Software Licenses”. If that doesn't work, you can also try Magical Jelly Bean to find the key.
[OP]
May 29, 2019
2 posts
thanks for the quick replies......very helpful for dum guy with computer like me ...was put on small drive [Zip] and cant find any more. This is all for my wife ...who knows ...less than me about laptop ......
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25230 posts
5493 upvotes
WordPerfect?!?! WordPerfect still exists??? :O :eek: Had no idea. Haven't heard that name in like a decade or more.

And ZipDrive? Wow, did I go to sleep and wake up in 2004 somehow? :lol:
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2172 posts
1678 upvotes
Montreal
ES_Revenge wrote: WordPerfect?!?! WordPerfect still exists??? :O :eek: Had no idea. Haven't heard that name in like a decade or more.
I still use it at work every day. Much better than Word. And given that I set policy, my employees have to use it too.
:-)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5769 posts
1329 upvotes
Markham
FrancisBacon wrote:
I still use it at work every day. Much better than Word. And given that I set policy, my employees have to use it too.
:-)
Just curious why not Office?

I assume regardless you need save as Office format if you need communicate with other people outside your team
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2172 posts
1678 upvotes
Montreal
smartie wrote: Just curious why not Office?

I assume regardless you need save as Office format if you need communicate with other people outside your team
I like Reveal Codes, and other ways WordPerfect doesn't mess up your formatting.

For outside communication, I usually use PDF or plain text. I almost never send out Word documents (except when exchanging docs back and forth with Track Changes).

I actually have MS office installed (2013 I think), because I prefer Excel for spreadsheet use.

Email done via Thunderbird (not Outlook).

I've considered Google docs, but the privacy implications....