Food & Drink

Worked from Home as a Pizza Pizza order taker...ask me anything!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 12:04 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9182 posts
3385 upvotes
Toronto
Shimso wrote: Pizza Pizza from places run by Aramark (SBA, Centreville, office cafeterias, etc.) are usually quite good, whereas the regular locations are very hit or miss.
I think the regular locations sometimes have owners who try to use as few sauce, cheese and toppings as they can get away with, while that's not a concern for the high-margin places.
I was in a sports box last night and we had entire pizza pizza boxes delivered to us. Everything was different: the crust, the cheese, you could even smell the oregano in the sauce. Much better than the crap most other places serve
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3094 posts
1189 upvotes
Ha, OP has been avoiding my question in Post #2. Can anyone here give me an answer? Google and I just learned February 9 is National Pizza Day. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Penalty Box
Jan 26, 2017
804 posts
862 upvotes
Have you ever gotten a call from someone (probably an RFDer) giving you the “taste like cardboard” comment?
What does it say in the Pizza Pizza script when you are presented that rather difficult question?
Jan 31, 2020
160 posts
279 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: Have you ever gotten a call from someone (probably an RFDer) giving you the “taste like cardboard” comment?
What does it say in the Pizza Pizza script when you are presented that rather difficult question?
Pizza Pizza Script: "Our pizza is made of the finest ingredients. In 2019, we conducted a blindfolded taste-test between our pizza and cardboard. In 70% of the cases those whom took the test chose our pizza over cardboard."
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1159 posts
1364 upvotes
Scarborough
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Pizza Pizza Script: "Our pizza is made of the finest ingredients. In 2019, we conducted a blindfolded taste-test between our pizza and cardboard. In 70% of the cases those whom took the test chose our pizza over cardboard."
Conclusion: 3/10 people blindfolded chose cardboard over Pizza Pizza Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Mr_Fanta wrote: Ha, OP has been avoiding my question in Post #2. Can anyone here give me an answer? Google and I just learned February 9 is National Pizza Day. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore your question, while I am not 100% sure I can almost bet it's because you haven't met the $10 minimum threshold for online pickup. Perhaps ordering it over the phone might render better results. Also, there are two types of pickup specials. (Walk-in only and Regular Pickup specials). I am not sure if they apply in your situation but Walk-in specials can only be ordered in-store. What was your subtotal when attempting to order a pickup special that they added the delivery fee? Try adding something else that surpasses the $10 and see if the delivery charge is waived.
Bebo123 wrote: Have you ever gotten a call from someone (probably an RFDer) giving you the “taste like cardboard” comment?
Never got that comment but I usually just disconnect them from the line and they have to call again and speak to someone else.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1874 posts
1086 upvotes
Toronto
I disliked Pizza Pizza before but after reading this thread my dislike has grown.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3094 posts
1189 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore your question, while I am not 100% sure I can almost bet it's because you haven't met the $10 minimum threshold for online pickup. Perhaps ordering it over the phone might render better results. Also, there are two types of pickup specials. (Walk-in only and Regular Pickup specials). I am not sure if they apply in your situation but Walk-in specials can only be ordered in-store. What was your subtotal when attempting to order a pickup special that they added the delivery fee? Try adding something else that surpasses the $10 and see if the delivery charge is waived.
Thanks for your reply and getting back to me.

For the record, I have never ordered online yet with Pizza Pizza. I wanted to, but each time they would include the delivery fee so I discontinued frustrated. As shown below the 3 pizza prices of $6.99, $8.99 and $9.99 will automatically add the $3.75 stupid delivery fee when you try to check out. I just wanted to know if their is a "loophole" around this if I'm just doing a pickup?

https://www5.pizzapizza.ca/catalog/prod ... 1/delivery
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Mr_Fanta wrote: Thanks for your reply and getting back to me.

For the record, I have never ordered online yet with Pizza Pizza. I wanted to, but each time they would include the delivery fee so I discontinued frustrated. As shown below the 3 pizza prices of $6.99, $8.99 and $9.99 will automatically add the $3.75 stupid delivery fee when you try to check out. I just wanted to know if their is a "loophole" around this if I'm just doing a pickup?

https://www5.pizzapizza.ca/catalog/prod ... 1/delivery
Easy peasy, add some drinks or dips to your order and then when you pick up your pizza just tell them you don't need the drinks and dips. They won't care because they are still in the fridge. You can just add one dip and then tell them you don't want it, not like they're going to question you lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3094 posts
1189 upvotes
^ Nah, too many hoops to jump through. I'm just trying to eliminate a ridiculous delivery charge of $3.75 when I just want to do is a pickup at the above prices. I'll just go back to Domino's and Papa John's when they have their 50% discount promotions regularly.
Mar 1, 2017
55 posts
33 upvotes
If you are using the app just choose pickup. I do it all the time and pick it up on the way home. There is never any delivery fee added for a pickup.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12552 posts
7432 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
How much you get paid per call?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Mr_Fanta wrote: ^ Nah, too many hoops to jump through. I'm just trying to eliminate a ridiculous delivery charge of $3.75 when I just want to do is a pickup at the above prices. I'll just go back to Domino's and Papa John's when they have their 50% discount promotions regularly.
You are making this harder on yourself. Here, problem solved. Use the app

ImageImage
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Cheapo-Findo wrote: How much you get paid per call?
Commission based, 2.5-3% on pretax orders. So if the average order is $20 before tax we get paid around 50-60 cents. This is on the consensus that the order goes through flawlessly, like I mentioned earlier if the caller calls back to cancel the order I get $0. If the customer calls to complain about the order and it was my mistake I get $0. If this $20 order took me 17 minutes to place because the caller spent 13 minutes asking questions and then the call gets disconnected I get $0. If on a busy night someone who placed an order worth $200 with another caller and calls back to add a basket of wings I get $0 since i'm not the original caller who took the order. If someone calls in to complain I am literally wasting my time with the customer making $0 because I need to transfer him to a supervisor for them. I still need to take their information down prior to forwarding the call so that is time wasted.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)