Food & Drink

Worked from Home as a Pizza Pizza order taker...ask me anything!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 12:04 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
And this is one of their better emails, they can become very demanding

Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6279 posts
1034 upvotes
Scarborough
Too much work for “commission” pay. I’m surprised people still willing to do commission jobs these days, and spoil their evenings and weekends.
I dont think I could ever do that. Op worked real hard for min wage commission.
Aug 27, 2010
466 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Do you get any discounts for pizza or anywhere else...also any benefits?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
apnayloags wrote: Too much work for “commission” pay. I’m surprised people still willing to do commission jobs these days, and spoil their evenings and weekends.
I dont think I could ever do that. Op worked real hard for min wage commission.
You won't really know what you're getting into unless you've done it. The hype about working from the comfort of your own home in your undies and picking your own hours and being your own boss got the best of me. Not to mention no real upfront costs other than the admission fee and a headset. It's not for every one and especially not for people like me but to each their own. You are hired as a sub-contractor and the company at play "Toucan" is also a sub-contractor for Pizza Pizza to run the calling system. If you're 18, broke and live at home with parents maybe it might be fitting but I still think mining for Bitcoin will land you a better pay lol.
greenbaido wrote: Do you get any discounts for pizza or anywhere else...also any benefits?
You are hired as a sub-contractor, no benefits. The best you can do is which is probably still frowned upon is to place an order for yourself through the calling system and apply a discount.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12546 posts
7424 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
So typically how much do you make on a monthly basis?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Cheapo-Findo wrote: So typically how much do you make on a monthly basis?
I was working 3 days/week due to my other work. I averaged around 5 hours per shift, after deductions and deposit fee I was getting around $120. Mind you this was before the minimum wage increased to $14 but still, anyone applying now will still make the same. For some it's still worth it though (no transportation costs, no travelling time, work from home, choose your hours, work when you want).
Sep 3, 2018
224 posts
131 upvotes
I guess this would be great as a part-time job for students. I don't have any questions myself. Just wanted to thank OP for the interesting answers.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1159 posts
1364 upvotes
Scarborough
OrangeBerry wrote: I was working 3 days/week due to my other work. I averaged around 5 hours per shift, after deductions and deposit fee I was getting around $120. Mind you this was before the minimum wage increased to $14 but still, anyone applying now will still make the same. For some it's still worth it though (no transportation costs, no travelling time, work from home, choose your hours, work when you want).
Paid $120 a month to work 12 days/60 hours? Might as well work a night security job where you don't really have to do anything and you can make almost that much in one shift. These commission-based jobs and rideshare/food delivery service have had very negative reviews from many that have done it, saying you have periods where you are just sitting and waiting or get told don't bother because there isn't any work and whatever they get ends up getting slashed with all of the deductions. Unless they are working steadily every day of the week, full time; not really any money to be made. Like you learned from that order taker position, these type of deals usually end up being too good to be true once you have to weigh the cons against whatever pros you find in them.

I learned that upon going for courier delivery/pick up work. Same kind of deal. Just like all of the temp agencies that put up so-called job postings and when you call, they literally tell you there are none and they just put those up time to time every few days just to get new applicants that they get registered with all of their personal info/S.I.N/I'Ds to show they are "looking after" such job applicant in order to receive funding from the government. It's all a scam, essentially. They just waste people's time with their misleading ads.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Strafe1 wrote: Paid $120 a month to work 12 days/60 hours? Might as well work a night security job where you don't really have to do anything and you can make almost that much in one shift. These commission-based jobs and rideshare/food delivery service have had very negative reviews from many that have done it, saying you have periods where you are just sitting and waiting or get told don't bother because there isn't any work and whatever they get ends up getting slashed with all of the deductions. Unless they are working steadily every day of the week, full time; not really any money to be made. Like you learned from that order taker position, these type of deals usually end up being too good to be true once you have to weigh the cons against whatever pros you find in them.

I learned that upon going for courier delivery/pick up work. Same kind of deal. Just like all of the temp agencies that put up so-called job postings and when you call, they literally tell you there are none and they just put those up time to time every few days just to get new applicants that they get registered with all of their personal info/S.I.N/I'Ds to show they are "looking after" such job applicant in order to receive funding from the government. It's all a scam, essentially. They just waste people's time with their misleading ads.
I've done Uber/Lyft, it was definitely not in the same line as this order taking gig but it was stressful some days when you wouldn't get pinged for an hour just waiting in your car. Worst parts are when they want long hauls, one time I was sent to take someone to Hamilton and the money was great but then I realized all that time and gas to travel back to my area I would be breaking even. This whole ridesharing discussion deserves a completely separate thread, lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1159 posts
1364 upvotes
Scarborough
OrangeBerry wrote: I've done Uber/Lyft, it was definitely not in the same line as this order taking gig but it was stressful some days when you wouldn't get pinged for an hour just waiting in your car. Worst parts are when they want long hauls, one time I was sent to take someone to Hamilton and the money was great but then I realized all that time and gas to travel back to my area I would be breaking even. This whole ridesharing discussion deserves a completely separate thread, lol.
That's true. I find the very same in all the bogus temp agencies scamming people. They need to have their own thread as well! Confused FaceAngry Face :facepalm:Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Oni-kun wrote: How do you get this job?
https://pizzaordersathome.com/about-the-opportunity/

Quoted from the site:
Service providers earn a base commission of 3% on total sales of orders placed (before taxes and delivery) and 0.00% commission on orders with errors.
The $99 training fee is deducted from your first invoiced statement.
No upfront money is required to pay the training fee!
Our training program is self-paced and facilitated online. Service Providers pay a $99 training fee. Participants have three days to complete the training course, which includes a final exam. A time commitment of approximately 8-10 hours is necessary. ** Training is Subject to Change. **
I've recorded and saved all the questions and answers from the test. PM me for any help.
Penalty Box
Jan 26, 2017
804 posts
862 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: You are hired as a sub-contractor, no benefits. The best you can do is which is probably still frowned upon is to place an order for yourself through the calling system and apply a discount.
Who gives a shit that it’s frowned upon, if I were you i’d abuse the discount like crazy if I wanted to order a pizza for myself.
Heck man, give me your number and I’ll place an order but make sure you apply your employee discount - win-win situation for both of us. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3042 posts
1127 upvotes
Scarborough
Bebo123 wrote: Who gives a shit that it’s frowned upon, if I were you i’d abuse the discount like crazy if I wanted to order a pizza for myself.
Heck man, give me your number and I’ll place an order but make sure you apply your employee discount - win-win situation for both of us. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
haha well the issue at hand is when the store owner sees the discount, calls head office and then they investigate and notice the employee placed an order without a phone call then it raises questions. Not to mention it'll be delivered to the same address I listed to my employer. It's just a domino effect. Either way I've stopped working there long ago.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)