Sports & Recreation

World Cup of Cricket 2015

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2015 7:52 pm

Poll: Who will win the Wolrd Cup of Cricket 2015

• Total votes: 34. You have voted on this poll.
England

6%
South Africa

9%
India

29%
Australia

9%
New Zealand

15%
West Indies

6%
Pakistan

6%
Sri Lanka

12%
Bangladesh

3%
Scotland

0%
Zimbabwe

0%
Ireland

0%
Afghanistan

3%
Scotland

3%

Poll ended at Mar 19th, 2015 12:15 am

[OP]
Sep 10, 2004
687 posts
36 upvotes

World Cup of Cricket 2015

All things related to the World Cup of Cricket 2015 in Australia/New Zealand starting February 14th.

From what I have heard Sportsnet has the TV broadcast rights, and will be showing it on Sportsnet World/World Plus (Rogers Channels 370 to 381). However, no broadcast schedule is available yet.
77 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3562 posts
645 upvotes
Go black caps!!!

I'll def subscribe to SN World for the duration of the cup but hope they show all the games, can be tough for cricket since the games are so long. Looking forward to them releasing a schedule. Otherwise will have to find a decent online stream, back in 2011 I found a decent one that cost $30 for the tournament.

Is SN Plus available on Bell? I know SN World is.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2007
3562 posts
645 upvotes
So I had written to Sportsnet for more details and they finally got back to me today. Basically $180+tax for all games, way too much for my liking, pretty sure I'll choose the $30 option that I found last WC in these forums actually :P $99 just for the final is ludicrious. More details can be found at getcricket.ca

[QUOTE]Hi,

Just wanted to follow up on our previous email with more information about the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup.

Rogers will be the exclusive national distributor of the ICC Cricket World Cup and will be offering live coverage of the tournament via pay-per-view or online streaming.

How to Watch:

TV – Pay-Per-View
Pay-per-view coverage is currently available on Rogers, Bell, MTS, SaskTel, Shaw/Shaw Direct and TELUS
· Rogers, Bell, Shaw/Shaw Direct, TELUS Satellite TV: Providing live pay-per-view coverage of all 49 matches, including the semifinals and final

· Sasktel, MTS and TELUS Optik TV: Providing live pay-per-view coverage of the quarter-finals, semifinals, and final

For information on pay-per-view packages, please visit getcricket.ca or contact your cable provider directly.

Online Streaming
Fans without a pay-per-view subscription can watch the action online and on their mobile devices. For more information about online streaming options, please visit getcricket.ca

Sincerely,

Sportsnet Audience Relations[/QUOTE]
Apr 28, 2013
378 posts
29 upvotes
ATN cricket Plus.. They won't be showing it??
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11426 posts
4843 upvotes
mrg8324 wrote: ATN cricket Plus.. They won't be showing it??
No. Not for $10 per month. There is some new channel on ROKU enteroku that might show games for $8.99 per month.

hot-promo-awesome-tv-sports-news-channe ... a-1660073/

Don't know anything about the quality or uptime and then there are other options on IPTV that cost $25 per month and work with ROKU. Anything will be cheaper than Robbers.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2004
687 posts
36 upvotes
nufan wrote: So I had written to Sportsnet for more details and they finally got back to me today. Basically $180+tax for all games, way too much for my liking, pretty sure I'll choose the $30 option that I found last WC in these forums actually :P $99 just for the final is ludicrious. More details can be found at getcricket.ca
Yeah, I got the same email from Sportsnet.

Just ridiculous.

I mean with free streams all around the net, dish packages; they really expect people to pay $200 bucks for the WC ?

Anyways, for those who are interested, this service is apparently available with Roku for $20/month: http://wowtv-live.com No idea how good it is, or if its even legit.
Dec 17, 2003
283 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
I fricking HATE Rogers. HATE HATE HATE.

Such bad PR, advertise on Sportsnet World, and then fleece by charging PPV. Fckin teifs.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2004
687 posts
36 upvotes
simplysic wrote: I fricking HATE Rogers. HATE HATE HATE.

Such bad PR, advertise on Sportsnet World, and then fleece by charging PPV. Fckin teifs.
Amen brother, Amen.

There was a bunch of press releases a few years ago how Sportsnet acquired the rights to World Cup 2015. Speculation logically followed that they would show the World Cup on Sportsnet 360/World, or World Plus. Especially after they showed the 2012 ICC T20 finals on Sportsnet World, plus a ton of IPL games; it just made sense.

For them to go back to a PPV model reeks of a cash grab. Had they put it on Sportsnet World Plus it would have been $ 18-20 bucks a month, which Im sure most would have been willing to pay.

Its 2015, and they're doing business like its 1995. There are soooo many free streams, IPTV options, dishes etc., that it just doesn't make sense to drop $200+ on a package that you will probably not be able to take full advantage (matches will end very late, 6 am ET, 3 AM PT).

Hell, I would rather follow the ball-by-ball commentary on Cricinfo.

Very disappointing. Im on a free preview with Rogers which ironically ends February 15th, I will be cancelling and probably moving to Teksavvy. They do not deserve the business.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44560 posts
7781 upvotes
Will be watching it on Willow Cricket at home. Looking forward to it.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21199 posts
10696 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Go West Indians

Hopefully Dravid will score a few wickets, maybe get a century or two
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11426 posts
4843 upvotes
Since the Cricket World Cup is starting it's second week now thought I had start a thread to discuss what's gone on up to now and what you do you see for the next month.
Any big surprises? Which matches are you looking forward to now? Have your favorites changed since it started? Some teams have played only 1 game while others have played 3, scheduling screwup? Isn't the tournament 2 weeks too long?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2638 posts
1019 upvotes
Winnipeg
bobcat99 wrote: Since the Cricket World Cup is starting it's second week now thought I had start a thread to discuss what's gone on up to now and what you do you see for the next month.
Any big surprises? Which matches are you looking forward to now? Have your favorites changed since it started? Some teams have played only 1 game while others have played 3, scheduling screwup? Isn't the tournament 2 weeks too long?
Couldnt agree more on the length. I remember watchin previous WCs where they had 2, sometimes 3 matches on 1 day. A month tops for such an event is the right length. But with TV, sponsorship and all, they want each broadcast as distinct as possible.
Aug 15, 2013
848 posts
415 upvotes
Guelph
Favorites are even more favorites, if thats possible. I would love for India to win but that doesnt seem probable. If not, I really hope we see a 1st time world champion. I dont care who wins as long as its not Australia. These buggers have taken it way too far. Cricket needs real heroes instead of australian crybabies.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2638 posts
1019 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is just a rough stat. I haent taken care of # of days in a month, so I maybe off by 2-3 days

Year Matches Days
1975 15 14
1979 15 14
1983 27 16
1987 27 30
1992 39 33
1996 37 31
1999 42 31
2003 54 44
2007 51 45
2011 49 43
2015 49 43
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11426 posts
4843 upvotes
dundeal wrote: Favorites are even more favorites, if thats possible. I would love for India to win but that doesnt seem probable. If not, I really hope we see a 1st time world champion. I dont care who wins as long as its not Australia. These buggers have taken it way too far. Cricket needs real heroes instead of australian crybabies.
Don't want SA to win. After India, NZ would be OK for me, been to the semis 4 times but never to the finals. What happened to England, weren't they supposed to do well.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
bobcat99 wrote: Since the Cricket World Cup is starting it's second week now thought I had start a thread to discuss what's gone on up to now and what you do you see for the next month.
world-cup-cricket-2015-a-1664977/ :confused:
Oct 22, 2014
81 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NZ are looking formidable, hot favs along with Australia. South Africa, India, NZ and AUS are my semis.
Banned
Sep 10, 2015
75 posts
12 upvotes
I think Australia would be the winner of this World Cup
Banned
Sep 10, 2015
75 posts
12 upvotes
I voted for Australia but New Zealand is going awesome if they qualify for Final I am sure they can win the first World Cup this time....
Banned
Sep 10, 2015
75 posts
12 upvotes
Contrast2 wrote: NZ are looking formidable, hot favs along with Australia. South Africa, India, NZ and AUS are my semis.
Yup NZ is the most strongest team in WC 2015.. If NZ get qualified for Final I am sure they will Win World Cup first time..