798 upvotes

World of Warcraft: Classic

Anyone going to be playing this?
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2391 posts
394 upvotes
I've tried to resist, but I honestly really, really want to. Split between Priest or Shaman, Horde either way. I'm not sure how keen I am on raiding honestly. The community might make it less shitty now, but I still have nightmare flashes about being bored for hours while health Molten Core. At least until ZG.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3250 posts
1797 upvotes
Burlington
Absolutely yes. Might get divorced in the process but it's worth it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20211 posts
5653 upvotes
GTA
How do you guys feel about streamers on these servers

I'm looking to roll a horde since I was alliance during the first time around, gonna try the other side and actually win some PvP hahaha.

Barrens chat is gonna be nuts.
Nov 21, 2016
43 posts
8 upvotes
I haven't played it in a few years but i am thinking about actually playing the classic with friends. Although i am not sure how im going to feel not having the creature comforts of the expansions but we shall see. Looking to go alliance priest maybe. Anyone want to level up together?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2728 posts
174 upvotes
Burlington
Will be playing, how casually and what server is really what it comes down to. I'm coming from Illidan but we'll see how it pans out. A lot of the server was moving to Herod it seemed but with the queue scares etc... we'll see how it pans out. Not sure if I was planning to guild up and raid but PVP for some fun perhaps.
Nov 21, 2016
43 posts
8 upvotes
I heard you can reserve your character name now. is this true? I haven't activated my account in a while and would just get the 60 day game card.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2391 posts
394 upvotes
You can, but your account needs to be active.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20211 posts
5653 upvotes
GTA
Speaking of the 60 day cards, whats the cheapest way to source them?
Jan 21, 2008
803 posts
29 upvotes
Thought about it long and hard but don't think I've got the time commitment required for this. Just way too many games now.

I played vanilla pretty hardcore back in the day. I remember having to managing 40 people and running MC for the first time...
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3681 posts
447 upvotes
Leuven
It is super tempting to play, I definitely had a lot of fun playing back when wow first came out. Luckily I am moving from Australia to Europe in a couple months and my understanding is you can't transfer regions so that's a nice incentive to not cave and get it.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1486 posts
987 upvotes
Near You
coriolis wrote: Speaking of the 60 day cards, whats the cheapest way to source them?
Following for this
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20211 posts
5653 upvotes
GTA
mistytalon wrote: Following for this
Ebgames and Best Buy has 60 Day cards for 34.99, otherwise it's 18.99 per month from the subscription. That's about it really, not sure if I want or trust eBay or 3rd party 60 day game card serials.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2230 posts
2439 upvotes
Quebec
Tempted to roll my Human Priest on a PVP server again. Will most likely play it on a short term, already played it non-stop before the first expansion... was on the best PVP guild of the server (had my Marshal title) and came into the top PVE guild as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2391 posts
394 upvotes
Launch queues were expected, but holy shit.

16 hours to get into Whitemane.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6333 posts
1177 upvotes
Mississauga
Nah, I blew my entire university free time on this game.

But lol i'm watching some streams on twitch, some dude was having a mental breakdown on stream after he got disconnected and placed back in a ~3 hour queue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2728 posts
174 upvotes
Burlington
Just for the fun of it I windowed a copy of WoW on another screen and its been sitting there trying to get through the queue on Herod its been going a solid 4 hours now and I'm only at 3322 in queue with times jumping from 8 minutes to an hour. lol
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20211 posts
5653 upvotes
GTA
I've been watching the Method guild stream and I think I'd rather watch then play. I might hop in for a month during the winter holidays. I do want to take part of the gates of AQ opening (first time on my server I was only in the mid 40s so I was pretty much dead and watching as a corpse the whole time).
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3250 posts
1797 upvotes
Burlington
Logged in at 5:45, waited in que for about 6 hours and managed to get logged in at 11:15. Played for an hour.

Worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2364 posts
1795 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of nostalgia here. I only got as far as the first expansion way back when and burned out. Not getting back on this treadmill again, but could see how it would appeal to others.
Bored...