Expired Hot Deals

[Worldline] 5GB of data for $20 (ON Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 9:23 pm
[OP]
Oct 25, 2015
159 posts
156 upvotes
Guelph, Ontario

5GB of data for $20 (ON Only)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Worldline
Hey guys,

I saw on Worldline's facebook page that they were looking for beta users to test something and i entered my information. Got an email today saying it's a beta program for a mobile data offering. $20 for 5gb of data. Not sure what they use to determine eligibility or how they choose people. Below is what the email had in it:
WL Beta.PNG
This was the Facebook post they had:
Worldline facebook.PNG
linked to here in case they take the post down: https://www.worldline.ca/beta-signup/

Based on the survey on their beta-signup site i think it's limited to android only right now.

I have been with them for my home internet for just over a year now and it's been reliable.
Last edited by bhogala on Feb 16th, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
136 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1895 posts
883 upvotes
GTA
Didn't mention anything about cell minutes; is it Canada wide, etc. ?
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jul 22, 2014
812 posts
1773 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DragOnT wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 3:37 pm
Didn't mention anything about cell minutes; is it Canada wide, etc. ?
From their Terms and Conditions:

"Worldline Mobile is a monthly data-only service, and does not support native telephony or native SMS/MMS services. You will not be able to use your phone’s default functionality to make or receive phone calls or SMS/MMS messages with this service. To place and receive phone calls on your device, the user must download the Worldline Mobile App. Geographic restrictions apply. Roaming is not available for Worldline Mobile. Coverage available in most urban areas of Southwestern Ontario."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6265 posts
1059 upvotes
T&C's mention that it's a data only service, but calls can be made via their Worldline Mobile App. However, SMS messages are not available, so you'd have to use WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.

Terms also mention "Coverage available in most urban areas of Southwestern Ontario".
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Jul 22, 2014
812 posts
1773 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I guess with a dual SIM phone you could have a cheap talk & text only plan on one SIM and a data only plan on the other SIM.
Dec 14, 2008
690 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like it'd be good for a tablet or similar device.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1381 posts
409 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Really not enough information. What type of data? 2G, 3G, LTE ? Which network? What frequencies to they support? Is this targetted towards tablets, or dual sim phones, or people that want to use VOIP on their phones? Are text messages blocked, or is there some sort of charge for receiving one?
Nov 20, 2015
31 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Interesting. What network are they using?

EDIT: OP should have specified that this is only for SW Ontario
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1247 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
Seems intriguing. We need more data-only options. I have a dual SIM phone. wouldn't mind supplementing my 4GB Zoomer plan with some additional data.
Aug 28, 2016
191 posts
241 upvotes
mark_in_2k wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 3:52 pm
T&C's mention that it's a data only service, but calls can be made via their Worldline Mobile App. However, SMS messages are not available, so you'd have to use WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.

Terms also mention "Coverage available in most urban areas of Southwestern Ontario".
Makes me think Freedom Mobile. In which case I will pass. Wonder if it’s even LTE?
Dec 31, 2005
856 posts
343 upvotes
Waterloo
Rogers Network

LTE speeds

iPhone should work, even if the documents don't say that.

As far as I know the Worldline app is supposed to do SMS. It has unlimited Canada wide calling and I thought it was supposed to have unlimited US as well. Maybe SMS and US LD are coming.

Can't point you to an online source but I can tell you I'm a very early participant.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3349 posts
1595 upvotes
Halifax
Worldline is owned by Fibernetics, the same company that offers Fongo. So it looks like a data SIM with a Fongo app to do the voice and text.
Dec 31, 2005
856 posts
343 upvotes
Waterloo
bridonca wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:43 am
Worldline is owned by Fibernetics, the same company that offers Fongo. So it looks like a data SIM with a Fongo app to do the voice and text.
Worldline is a Fibernetics brand. Fongo is partly owned by Fibernetics through their Fibernetics Ventures.

The apps are different, beyond well beyond just branding.
Feb 6, 2016
394 posts
272 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
hssironman wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 4:00 pm
Seems intriguing. We need more data-only options. I have a dual SIM phone. wouldn't mind supplementing my 4GB Zoomer plan with some additional data.
Hi hssironman, what phone type you have with dual sim
im looking to change my current phone to dual sim