Expired Hot Deals

[Worldline] [ON/QC] 6 Months of Free Unlimited DSL Internet for $1

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2020 2:11 pm
May 6, 2009
36 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Dahlya wrote: The same carrier is being used: Fibernetics. The same ATA is being used. The Grandstream ATA with Fongo Home Phone and with Worldline is tied to a provisioning server, and settings can't be changed by the customer while the respective services are being used. The branding may be different, but the underlying carrier is the same.

Voicemail to email using Fongo Home Phone comes from yourphonenumber@crazyum01.worldline.ca.
Source: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ification-
That also applies to Freephoneline.

Worldline should have the same features as Fongo Home Phone, if not more, or additional options, such as being able to add an extra line using the same account. Worldline should also have a customer support number, whereas Fongo Home Phone provides support via online ticketing. Otherwise, the services are identical, especially the actual VoIP portion of the call being delivered.
No, I disagree about the available features. I’m using it, and have also used Fongo/Freephoneline. Worldline doesn’t support outgoing caller blocking (per call star 67) , doesn’t have an incoming or outgoing log or management web portal, doesn’t support any incoming caller ID blocking. It doesn’t support voicemail to email or fax to email options. It doesn’t have follow me settings like Fongo.
Jun 30, 2014
110 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deal was surprisingly still on when I finally got around to calling in yesterday. The rep was friendly in getting me setup for installation in Toronto. I pushed in install date by about a month and she was okay with it. Im just missing the referral to maximize this offer.
Didn't realize this was the same worldline as fongo/freephoneline

for those interested I think you should call or go on chat. I really doubt the first 50 hasn't filled up yet. It has to be well over 50 by now since this promo has gone out.
Nov 23, 2012
125 posts
57 upvotes
Ontario
Savario wrote: I’m using it, and have also used Fongo/Freephoneline
I have been using FPL and Fongo Mobile for years.

I just contacted Wordline and confirmed everything I have written. The backend is almost identical.
In fact, their chat technical support -- not sales -- representative wrote, "Pretty much the same."
Worldline doesn’t support outgoing caller blocking (per call star 67)
Officially, neither does Freephoneline. Unofficially, they can enable it at the provider level if you have a legitimate reason and can convince them. There's two methods for blocking outgoing caller ID. The first is by using an ATA, IP Phone, or SIP application that recognizes the *67 request. The receiving carrier must permit the request. That works with some devices, such as Obihai ATAs, for calling from FPL to a Telus Mobility number, but it doesn't work from Freephoneline to a Fongo Mobile number. The second method is processed at the provider level. If that is enabled, then outbound caller ID blocking from FPL to Fongo Mobile will also work.

If you contact Worldline's technical support department, they can enable call blocking at the provider level if you convince them.

doesn’t have an incoming or outgoing log or management web portal
Yes, however, they can get that information for you and might even be able to set it up if you contact their technical support department. I didn't
ask about being able to set that up, but they can can get the call logs sent to you.

doesn’t support any incoming caller ID blocking.
Neither does Fongo Home Phone or Freephoneline: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ne-numbers.
The ATA, IP Phone, or SIP app needs to do it for Freephoneline, and then the incoming call is dropped to voicemail. Obihai users are able to send incoming calls elsewhere based on incoming caller ID number. Fongo Mobile does have a call block option.

It doesn’t support voicemail to email
Yes, they do. Call them and ask: https://www.worldline.ca/services/digital-home-phone/.
Voice Mail to Email
or fax to email options.
They do. It's just not advertised. The voicemail PDF conversion is exactly like Freephoneline, Fongo Home Phone, and Fongo Mobile. The voicemail system answers the incoming fax call. The fax is converted to PDF file format and can be emailed automatically. In Fongo Mobile, the fax can be viewed in the app itself under the voicemail section.
It doesn’t have follow me settings like Fongo.
They offer call forwarding.
You can chat or call their tech support department if you need further help.

Worldline appears to offer call transfer, which can be done using an Obihai ATA or Obihai IP Phone and Freephoneline. Freephoneline does not offer that feature independently, but if Worldline offers it, there is probably no technical reason why Freephoneline and Fongo Home Phone can't as well. I don't see call transfer listed for Fongo Home Phone, but I didn't ask about it either. Worldline users can also add an extra line to the same account.

The biggest difference for Worldline is customers receive more technical support options: phone and online chat. Normally, Worldline Home Phone costs more than Fongo Home Phone. The higher price is reflected in the additional support options.

Ultimately, the service is Fibernetics, as is Freephoneline, Fongo Home Phone and Fongo Mobile. The branding changes, and you can choose your flavour.
Last edited by Dahlya on Sep 11th, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1000 posts
690 upvotes
Whitby
I can confirm, the offer is still good. Just signed up.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
May 6, 2009
36 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Dahlya wrote:
Ultimately, the service is Fibernetics, as is Freephoneline, Fongo Home Phone and Fongo Mobile. The branding changes, and you can choose your flavour.
OK, I stand corrected.

I was told *67 outgoing caller id blocking would work by Support but it doesn't.
but you can block all outgoing caller id (not ideal for most)
options are found in the self management IVR system by pressing *73 on your phone)
( see https://www.worldline.ca/application/fi ... _Guide.pdf )
before you can access the self management from your phone, you need to setup the voice mail and setup your password. Do this first by *98 and follow prompts to change password, then hang up and *73 and enter your password as your PIN.

Follow Me settings are also available (also *73 )
but you can't set the number of rings for the follow me settings.
There are also Call Forwarding settings here.
So at least you can alter settings on your phone without having to contact support

It would be ideal to have all this in a management portal of your account on the worldline.ca web site.
Feb 20, 2012
88 posts
25 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Chat and phone call say that promo is over.
Sep 14, 2014
171 posts
85 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I'm really not happy with it. I have only my gaming computer connected, and it will go online, and then the connection frizzes out.

I tried to use it on the android box and a chromebook, and the same thing... slow as molasses, then the yellow internet star of dialup speed.

Can't even load speedtest. I know it's not my rig, it swaps right back to the main internet easy peasy. Anyone else experiencing this, or should I be calling tech support?
Aug 29, 2019
62 posts
43 upvotes
jeztash wrote: I'm really not happy with it. I have only my gaming computer connected, and it will go online, and then the connection frizzes out.

I tried to use it on the android box and a chromebook, and the same thing... slow as molasses, then the yellow internet star of dialup speed.

Can't even load speedtest. I know it's not my rig, it swaps right back to the main internet easy peasy. Anyone else experiencing this, or should I be calling tech support?
Call tech support. I've been streaming at 1080p, playing music on Spotify, and surfing the web no problem. This is at 6mbps. The connection has been stable for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2295 posts
1430 upvotes
jeztash wrote: I'm really not happy with it. I have only my gaming computer connected, and it will go online, and then the connection frizzes out.

Login to the modem and check the log. Check the sync rates. What you're describing could be caused by many things. Possible an ip address conflict on your LAN
Oct 29, 2007
362 posts
30 upvotes
My first 6 month service is expiring early February, are folks here cancelling or getting a new deal?
Oct 11, 2018
21 posts
andyhejob wrote: My first 6 month service is expiring early February, are folks here cancelling or getting a new deal?
trying to find something new. any luck?
Oct 28, 2009
100 posts
123 upvotes
Terrace
My worldline promotion ends this month, any decent deal?