Entertainment

The World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys (TVO documentary series)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2023 1:24 pm
[OP]
Feb 4, 2018
551 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto

The World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys (TVO documentary series)

If you enjoy train travel, TVO has a wonderful series entitled: The World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys. Thus far we have viewed spectacular rail trips through Norway, the Canadian Rockies, and Wales.

Looking forward to Scotland, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, New Zealand..........

(Wasn't sure if this should be posted under Entertainment or Travel).
The ocean is calling.........and I must go.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23658 posts
6032 upvotes
Toronto
ElaineB852835 wrote: If you enjoy train travel, TVO has a wonderful series entitled: The World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys. Thus far we have viewed spectacular rail trips through Norway, the Canadian Rockies, and Wales.

Looking forward to Scotland, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, New Zealand..........

(Wasn't sure if this should be posted under Entertainment or Travel).

+2 on the TVO series - we only receive a few channels from our simple OTA corded antenna and I watch TVO all the time.....pleasantly surprised by the different programming!

And The World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys is awesome - highlights a lot of places in countries that you might not know of or curious to learn more about......

The Italy scenic railway is one of my faves since I traveled to some of the places back in the day...

https://www.tvo.org/programs/the-worlds ... y-journeys

Also check out Chronicles of The Glens - pretty interesting watch:

https://www.tvo.org/programs/chronicles-of-the-glens

Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Feb 4, 2018
551 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you @ji2o0k for that recommendation: "Chronicles of the glens".
The ocean is calling.........and I must go.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
9133 posts
6082 upvotes
Global Village
I'm a sucker for European train journey shows, there's a British 1 called Great Continental Railway Journeys which is great.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii