• Dec 24th, 2019 11:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6834 posts
5738 upvotes
North York

Worst automobile app? Mercedes Me

all 2019 MB should have come with "Mercedes Me" app and 3 year service. In my experience it has been by far the worst app/server/service I have ever touched
"Services include:
-Remote Start and Remote Door Lock/Unlock
-Remote retrieval of vehicle status
-Vehicle Tracker
-Geofencing
-Live Traffic Information
-Online Map Update"

I'm too frustrated with the service/app since most of the time it doesn't work. Open the app, and it got stuck not loading, or something along the line "connection not established, try again later", home wifi or cellphone's data. It doesn't even get into the main screen. And when it does, some other issues ensue. Pretty much I can't remote start or lock/unlock the car.
One time, i was able to get in the app, and it says my ignition is on and my doors/windows were open. Rushed out to check and none of that was true.

And I sh!t you not, for the 2 months having it so far, I probably have about 10 successful attempts getting onto the app on first try, or started the car remotely. The past 2 weeks, 0, ZERO.

How techy the car is, how crappy their app and server are. It's unbelievable.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28605 posts
14014 upvotes
Toronto
i believe the software engineers in MB Germany Head office are working hard on the known issue since 2018 ....

Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20033 posts
5423 upvotes
Good Morning
The same team probably worked on the car2go/sharenow app, so hopefully they will improve on the app now that they will have more programmers .
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
3764 posts
3182 upvotes
Honda Link is pretty bad. Couldn't get it to work properly on my iPhone and just uninstalled it.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54500 posts
19328 upvotes
Almost sounds worse than my smartthings app with devices dropping off every now and then.

Is this on iPhone or Android?
Nov 26, 2014
248 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto, ON
konsensei wrote: all 2019 MB should have come with "Mercedes Me" app and 3 year service. In my experience it has been by far the worst app/server/service I have ever touched
"Services include:
-Remote Start and Remote Door Lock/Unlock
-Remote retrieval of vehicle status
-Vehicle Tracker
-Geofencing
-Live Traffic Information
-Online Map Update"

I'm too frustrated with the service/app since most of the time it doesn't work. Open the app, and it got stuck not loading, or something along the line "connection not established, try again later", home wifi or cellphone's data. It doesn't even get into the main screen. And when it does, some other issues ensue. Pretty much I can't remote start or lock/unlock the car.
One time, i was able to get in the app, and it says my ignition is on and my doors/windows were open. Rushed out to check and none of that was true.

And I sh!t you not, for the 2 months having it so far, I probably have about 10 successful attempts getting onto the app on first try, or started the car remotely. The past 2 weeks, 0, ZERO.

How techy the car is, how crappy their app and server are. It's unbelievable.
If you're having trouble with the app have you tried contacting the support team to troubleshoot by pressing the MeCall button in the car?

If you have and they still weren't able to resolve anything PM me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6834 posts
5738 upvotes
North York
jerbhu wrote: If you're having trouble with the app have you tried contacting the support team to troubleshoot by pressing the MeCall button in the car?

If you have and they still weren't able to resolve anything PM me.
Yesterday's morning and evening were fine. This morning wasn't.
Not sure how support team would troubleshoot this, seems like a server thing I am thinking.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5848 posts
2509 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
booblehead wrote: i believe the software engineers in MB Germany Head office are working hard on the known issue since 2018 ....

Many automakers outsource software related things to 3rd parties.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
2152 posts
106 upvotes
Even if the app works, would you trust the security on it?