• Jul 20th, 2020 11:48 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4485 posts
2968 upvotes

Worth repairing or buy new?

With so many deals on bikes especially for those that snagged some walmart 2 cents kid bikes. I got two kid bikes with flat and somewhat bald tires that need replacing. Also they might need a tune up for adjustment, oil and greasing. Then there are two adult bikes with the same baldini tires. Just looking at amazon the tires are 20 a pop, tubes another 8 for kids, 25 a pop, tubes 10 for adults.
What you suggest?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1912 posts
2151 upvotes
If the bikes still fit your kids, just fix them. Buy something new today and they may outgrow them next year, so you are buying again. Get through this year and buy them next year. Used is also an option for kids as they outgrow them very quickly just so long as you inspect them to see that they are safe.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17980 posts
12655 upvotes
Markham
cristianosham wrote: With so many deals on bikes especially for those that snagged some walmart 2 cents kid bikes. I got two kid bikes with flat and somewhat bald tires that need replacing. Also they might need a tune up for adjustment, oil and greasing. Then there are two adult bikes with the same baldini tires. Just looking at amazon the tires are 20 a pop, tubes another 8 for kids, 25 a pop, tubes 10 for adults.
What you suggest?
Hard to give advice...are these cheap $50 bikes or $500 bikes?
Are the bikes flat because you ride that much or were these a hand me down?
If you buy new bikes, you were planning on buying really cheap bikes or do you like some quality?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4485 posts
2968 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Hard to give advice...are these cheap $50 bikes or $500 bikes?
Are the bikes flat because you ride that much or were these a hand me down?
If you buy new bikes, you were planning on buying really cheap bikes or do you like some quality?
These are cheap toddler kid bikes and plan to replace with same. Kids outgrow the bikes in 3 to 3 years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)