Fashion & Beauty

WORTHWHILE BUYING A NEW WINTER JACKET NOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2017 2:56 pm
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER

WORTHWHILE BUYING A NEW WINTER JACKET NOW?

I was thinking of buying a North Face parka for $299 just because of the better brand name. I have 2 great Windriver jackets for the cold, but perhaps having the North Face would look better. Should I?
24 replies
Apr 17, 2013
884 posts
131 upvotes
Markham
Yes it's worthwhile to purchase now.

We live in Canada. We have winter every year
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21198 posts
10674 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Y u yelling dawg?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2498 upvotes
WebDesign wrote: ...perhaps having the North Face would look better. Should I?
We don't even know which North Face parka u r referring to, so how would we know if it looks good?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13618 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Becks wrote: We don't even know which North Face parka u r referring to, so how would we know if it looks good?
We dont even know what he/she looks like... How do we know if they look good let alone in the parka??

Enquiring minds wanna know...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
780 upvotes
winterkills wrote: Why get northface when you can get CG?
Why buy CG when you can buy real russian fur coat?

For some ppl cheaper CG alternative is better
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
188 upvotes
^ Face With Tears Of Joy

Dang my jacket is a bit thin. At least with some layering it gets the job done for the winter.

It does look nice tho.
Apr 17, 2013
884 posts
131 upvotes
Markham
Whatever you get. Get a damn Parka.

Bomber in my opinion, gets a draft of cold air. And of course when you're moving about, bending down etc, your back gets exposed. With a parka you don't have those issues
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7097 posts
3154 upvotes
GTA
It's kinda too late. These will be the last few months of winter that we'll ever have.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2498 upvotes
OP lives in Vancouver. It's not necessary for people here to wear CG or fur coats.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14731 posts
10879 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Get this...it's so IN in the fashion world.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
22720 posts
4338 upvotes
Niagara Falls
You'll look totally bad arse cool with your North Face parka, unlike the rest of the people with their North Face parkas.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Well my question is essentially about branding, would I look cheap or something with a Windriver versus North Face or CG?
I love the Windriver, it's a technical jacket tested for extreme cold, just wondering about the branding. Some people are very shallow and judge those things.
Last edited by WebDesign on Dec 29th, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13618 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
WebDesign wrote: Well my question is essentially about branding, would I look cheap or something with a Windriver versus North Face or CG?
I love the Windriver, it's a technical jacket tested for extreme cold, just wondering about the branding. Some people are very shallow and judge those things.
Real question is do you feel self conscious or not? No one cares what you wear except high skooler crowds and maybe the new gen college newbies. Put it this way... it's cheaper to replace a windriver than a CG... and wind river will prolly last longer with CG quality declining over the last coupla years. North face is middle of the pack, no one cares anymore. Everything is made in china, vietnam or indonesia these days.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2498 upvotes
WebDesign wrote: Well my question is essentially about branding, would I look cheap or something with a Windriver versus North Face or CG?
U should spend ur money on something more useful, since u already have 2 jackets from Windriver, and u say u luv that brand. CG isn't appropriate for Vancouver's temperate rainforest climate. The people wearing CG here are usually fobs or transplants from other provinces. The North Face** and Arc'teryx brands are popular here and more appropriate than CG.

**probably a lot of fakes
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
780 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Real question is do you feel self conscious or not? No one cares what you wear except high skooler crowds and maybe the new gen college newbies. Put it this way... it's cheaper to replace a windriver than a CG... and wind river will prolly last longer with CG quality declining over the last coupla years. North face is middle of the pack, no one cares anymore. Everything is made in china, vietnam or indonesia these days.
Chump will make American Goose Outfitters

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)