• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 12:24 am
[OP]
Nov 1, 2014
77 posts
5 upvotes
Madden, AB

Would like to get the TCL 6 Series

I see that Costco has the TCL 55613, so what’s the difference between that one and the TCL 55615 at Best Buy? They are both 6 series correct?
4 replies
Aug 20, 2009
9160 posts
4506 upvotes
They're the same TV, just a model number difference to avoid price matching. IIRC the only difference is the remote, the 613 has the IR+voice control remote, I think the 615 has the RF remote but no voice search. I would go with Costco for the better return policy and cheap extended warranty if you want it.

Beyond that they're the same TV (2018 model) with no functional differences.
[OP]
Nov 1, 2014
77 posts
5 upvotes
Madden, AB
Thanks, really appreciate it. Yeah I’ll go with Costco. Hoping they have some in store, don’t really trust buying it online.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3872 posts
3432 upvotes
Markham
Goosepants wrote: Thanks, really appreciate it. Yeah I’ll go with Costco. Hoping they have some in store, don’t really trust buying it online.
Costco online is fine but costed more as shipping fee is included in the online price.
I ordered the 55S423 from Costco. It reached me OK within a week.
Since a LED TV is not so heavy compared to a plasma TV which I replaced, next time I may as well buy it instore.

Remember to buy the extended warranty from Costco.
I did so for mine. Now my TCL TV has 2 orignal + 3 extra years of warranty for $30 premium.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2985 posts
1053 upvotes
Goosepants wrote: Thanks, really appreciate it. Yeah I’ll go with Costco. Hoping they have some in store, don’t really trust buying it online.
Just an FYI, I was looking for the TCL at Costco and couldn't find one, not even offered online. Wound up going to Best Buy and bought the 615, and very very happy with it. They did not have stock at my local stores, but Aurora had 3 display models and we bought the one that looked in great shape just sitting around during covid. Pricing below:

$599- but because it was a display which they had a few of, offered it at $50 off. We went back the next day and talked to a Manager who didn't give us more off the TV, but fudged the price of the extended warrany. In the end we wound up paying $575 for the TV, including the 4 year warranty. The remote it comes with isn't an issue, bought a Harmony Ultimate

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)