Food & Drink

Would ordering from the same restaurant or a basket of 3 restaurants reduces covid risk?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2020 9:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres

Would ordering from the same restaurant or a basket of 3 restaurants reduces covid risk?

Increasing the number of restaurants for ur takeout order would increase the risk?
To the moon
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1104 posts
372 upvotes
I dont really get the question

How are you getting Covid from takeaway food assuming you are taking appropriate precautions in the first place?

Assuming you are picking up, the more random contacts you have the greater your chances of exposure so your odds would increase not decrease the more places you order from

Or am I missing something?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
superizzy wrote: I dont really get the question

How are you getting Covid from takeaway food assuming you are taking appropriate precautions in the first place?

Assuming you are picking up, the more random contacts you have the greater your chances of exposure so your odds would increase not decrease the more places you order from

Or am I missing something?
Ordering from the same restaurant means the same set of chefs and staff handling your food, so limited exposure. If you increase the exposure you increase the risk.
To the moon
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1104 posts
372 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: Ordering from the same restaurant means the same set of chefs and staff handling your food, so limited exposure. If you increase the exposure you increase the risk.
There is exactly ZERO evidence you can get Covid from food.

As well its very unlikely to transmit from surface especially if you are washing your hands with any degree of vigilance
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1368 posts
1662 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: Ordering from the same restaurant means the same set of chefs and staff handling your food, so limited exposure. If you increase the exposure you increase the risk.
So then what are you trying to ask in the first post? You just answered your own question