Real Estate

Would you buy this 2 bedroom condo?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 10:37 am
12 replies
Jan 5, 2020
777 posts
1068 upvotes
Is there a point you are trying to make?
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1108 posts
1301 upvotes
Toronto
This is 100x more functional than a typical 400 SF Toronto Condo where the living/bedroom are combined with a linear kitchen wall that renders 70% of the space useless.

Even with the tiny kitchen, this still seems bigger than the square footage. I wonder if they have different laws for unit measurements in Thailand compared to us.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
3704 posts
3198 upvotes
Newuserid wrote: Is there a point you are trying to make?
Yes there is.

I think this is the future of Toronto living.
DaMan12 wrote: This is 100x more functional than a typical 400 SF Toronto Condo where the living/bedroom are combined with a linear kitchen wall that renders 70% of the space useless.

Even with the tiny kitchen, this still seems bigger than the square footage. I wonder if they have different laws for unit measurements in Thailand compared to us.
Actually the square footage also includes balcony, so the unit itself is even smaller. Probably around 32sqm
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10132 posts
12541 upvotes
Toronto
I would buy it. I would not live in it.
Jun 14, 2018
938 posts
1026 upvotes
As a single person, I would be completely fine with this. Turn that "2nd bedroom" into an office and I'm set.
May 29, 2020
113 posts
174 upvotes
This is a cool layout, very functional. Feel like you can't call something that small a bedroom though, lol.
Jan 5, 2020
777 posts
1068 upvotes
BiegeToyota wrote: Yes there is.

I think this is the future of Toronto living.
Actually the square footage also includes balcony, so the unit itself is even smaller. Probably around 32sqm
Good layout but still too small for me.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2240 posts
3547 upvotes
Toronto
Developers in Toronto do a terrible job with maximizing layout. Impractical kitchen, long hallways, large bathrooms and closets in a already cramped space.

They know how to make good use of limited space in Asia. The glass and mirrors really open up the space in that unit and the closets organized such that it doesn't take much away from the living space. I've seen some pretty cool stuff done with 300-400 sq ft in HK.

As a single person I would be happy with that. I've lived in less than 300 sq ft spaces in European cities and it was fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2018
2916 posts
5186 upvotes
Toronto
ozzie16 wrote: Developers in Toronto do a terrible job with maximizing layout. Impractical kitchen, long hallways, large bathrooms and closets in a already cramped space.

They know how to make good use of limited space in Asia. The glass and mirrors really open up the space in that unit and the closets organized such that it doesn't take much away from the living space. I've seen some pretty cool stuff done with 300-400 sq ft in HK.

As a single person I would be happy with that. I've lived in less than 300 sq ft spaces in European cities and it was fine.
I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again:

In many new condos they are selling units with very long hallways, which in older buildings these hallways would not have been part of the unit, but instead would have been part of the common elements of the building. But why leave these hallways in the common elements when the builder can sell it as part of a condo unit and make money off of this useless square footage (not functional), and also have the owner paying maintenance fees on it as well.

I am very careful with floorplans. I just like the big, square, boxy floorplan with no wasted space. It’s a lot to ask for a lot of the time, but I think in the long run those units will do better than the long hallways. But of course, it all comes down to price. If the unit with the long hallway is cheap, sure I’ll take it.
Called the bottom.
Jan 5, 2020
777 posts
1068 upvotes
Actually, after careful review of the layout, I realized that the living room doesn't have a window. Imo, thats a pretty major flaw. I consider a bedroom with no window as bad but a windowless living room is worse.
Dec 14, 2006
194 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
This is more like 1+1 to me.
Only an ensuite and no 2nd bathroom?
Life is Hard. It's harder when you're stupid.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8195 posts
573 upvotes
I have a relative who live in a 160ish unit in Hong Kong with a similar layout. It is small but definitely functional.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500