Expired Hot Deals

[WOW Air] Cyber Monday Sale: $220 Roundtrip Nonstop – Toronto or Montreal to Reykjavik, Iceland

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 9:42 am
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
200 posts
1443 upvotes

Cyber Monday Sale: $220 Roundtrip Nonstop – Toronto or Montreal to Reykjavik, Iceland

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
WOW Air
Some copy/paste from the previous thread since the deal is pretty similar (except just much cheaper now):

WOW Air has their Toronto (YYZ) and Montreal (YUL) to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) nonstop flights down to $220 roundtrip!

There is excellent availability for this fare from both cities from January 2018 through March 2018. Check the deal link for sample dates and details on how to book with promo code WOWCYBERMONDAY

Keep in mind that WOW Air doesn’t include any carry-on or checked bags, advanced seat selection or meals on their flights without additional fees...but it's $220!

And this is a pretty good time of year to check out the northern lights.

Refer to the previous thread for details on Iceland travel and WOW Air
17 replies
Dec 23, 2015
767 posts
884 upvotes
How cold is it there between Jan and Mar. ?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1964 posts
351 upvotes
6060842 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 8:45 am
Similar climate to say Toronto/Southern Ontario, which for Iceland means limited services/restaurants open, tough road conditions to get to sights, and generally not the most pleasant time to visit unless you're interested in the northern lights.
Oct 25, 2016
18 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 8:45 am
I was there in January this year. It was cold but nothing unbearable. There was only 5-6 hours of daylight when I was there though, the sun came up around 11am.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5652 posts
3666 upvotes
I really don't understand why people buy these ultra low cost tickets to Iceland, thinking that they're getting a very low cost travel, when Ireland has one of the highest costs of living in the entire world. Most of it looks like barren thundra and there really isn't that much to see either.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2951 posts
718 upvotes
Wow... you get a ticket for that price, but not a seat. Having a seat is a $13 minimum upcharge
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1381 posts
893 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
Damed wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 8:51 am
Wow... you get a ticket for that price, but not a seat. Having a seat is a $13 minimum upcharge
True Rfd'ers chooses to stand.............seats are overrated.
Nov 18, 2015
890 posts
709 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Poutinesauce wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 8:50 am
I really don't understand why people buy these ultra low cost tickets to Iceland, thinking that they're getting a very low cost travel, when Ireland has one of the highest costs of living in the entire world. Most of it looks like barren thundra and there really isn't that much to see either.
I think you've been to the wrong part of Iceland... or you went there for the wrong reasons...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1465 posts
447 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Poutinesauce wrote:
you go to Iceland for the landscape and outdoor activities. if all you want is urban sightseeing, you are in the wrong country. yes, Iceland is expensive which is why it's best to grocery shop and cook than eat out
Mar 15, 2008
283 posts
69 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
I am assuming you haven't been to Iceland; I went in November and its **** beautiful. Just because its expensive when youre there, doesnt mean people wont appreciate saving a few hundred on a flight when compared to the national flag carriers. I did.
Sep 9, 2008
248 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
wow no carry on bag even included

so +13x2 for seats, 60x2 for checked in bag = 146

220 quickly turns into 366
all your staples coupons are belong to us
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
200 posts
1443 upvotes
wow no carry on bag even included

so +13x2 for seats, 60x2 for checked in bag = 146

220 quickly turns into 366
i'd argue that $366 is still a great price for Iceland!
Jan 20, 2007
551 posts
349 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
Beauty is in the of the beholder... It is barren in some parts but it's also punctuated by jawdroppingly beautiful glaciers, rock formations, waterfalls, hot springs, and lush landscapes in the spring/summer.
Damed wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 8:51 am
Not true. A seat is assigned during check-in free of charge if one chooses not to pay for a reserved one. This is the norm for most budget airlines/fares.

A lot of people complain about the lack of carry-on for the basic fare, but unless you plan on buying loads of souvenirs a 30L backpack is good enough as a personal item for a one week trip. It's definitely do-able for April/May when the weather is warmer. Layers and packing cubes are the way to go.
Last edited by V-ron on Nov 27th, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.