Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
8061 posts
5272 upvotes
Winnipeg

Wow has technically advanced...

So I was looking for a usb in my house and i came across a video I made for my sister's wedding. It has some songs that I used off of some Stillmotion wedding videos back in the day (10+ years). Anyone remember those guys lol?

I can't believe back then you guys were using these body rigs.. how are your backs not broken..

The video that got me really into photography. Just the awesome bokeh shots..LOL Flip and MinoHD.. so bad.. Remember when 1080p 5Dmkii'S were king..
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
7 replies
May 25, 2020
84 posts
83 upvotes
Regarding the second video - there's something so real about the first few minutes of footage shot on a cell phone, in all it's non-stabilized glory. Kind of a nice change compared to all of the "cinematic/Hollywood film" look footage everyone is making nowadays.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4692 posts
2812 upvotes
stillmotion not together and a few lurk here on RFD i believe.

They're all doing their own things, most corporate, which is where the real money is (and less stress lol).

However they were world class at the time (representing Canada!) and definitely help spur creatvitity in the whole industry for years and years.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
8061 posts
5272 upvotes
Winnipeg
Yep they were the best imo. Miss their content. Plus I like their song selections lol.. I've used a few
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
8061 posts
5272 upvotes
Winnipeg
bhrm wrote: stillmotion not together and a few lurk here on RFD i believe.

They're all doing their own things, most corporate, which is where the real money is (and less stress lol).

However they were world class at the time (representing Canada!) and definitely help spur creatvitity in the whole industry for years and years.
Did you ever watch any of their stuff? I'm trying to find this one video of a chinese wedding they did and they played games at the front of the house.. remember?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4692 posts
2812 upvotes
faken wrote: Did you ever watch any of their stuff? I'm trying to find this one video of a chinese wedding they did and they played games at the front of the house.. remember?
There's several of those lol. Maybe they still have them up here: https://vimeo.com/stillmotionfilms
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
8061 posts
5272 upvotes
Winnipeg
bhrm wrote: There's several of those lol. Maybe they still have them up here: https://vimeo.com/stillmotionfilms
I've looked.. it's summer time in the video. I think it was shot in Toronto.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1295 posts
555 upvotes
Canada
faken wrote: Wow has technically advanced
So I was looking for a usb in my house and i came across a video I made for my sister's wedding. It has some songs that I used off of some Stillmotion wedding videos back in the day (10+ years). Anyone remember those guys lol?

I can't believe back then you guys were using these body rigs.. how are your backs not broken..

The video that got me really into photography. Just the awesome bokeh shots..LOL Flip and MinoHD.. so bad.. Remember when 1080p 5Dmkii'S were king..
What is wow? and how has it advanced?

What do you use now as opposed to those body rigs?