Expired Hot Deals

[WOW!] Koodo $0 iPhone 6 med tab plus $300 prepaid CC

  • Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 8:39 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1466 posts
815 upvotes
Earth
sheriffabc wrote:
When is the referral obtained and applied. Prior to buying the phone? At time of buying the phone? Or after activating the line?
1. Click one of the referral links that you've been inundated with and enter your email and name.
2. Then head over to Wow/ Wal-Mart/ Koodo and sign up for a 2 year plan.
3. Click the link in the email that was sent to you after step 1, and enter your new phone number.

Bada boom, $50 credit.... "please allow 8 weeks for the credit to appear in your account".
Zoomer Wireless: $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
6833 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
Could folks who have sold off an iPhone 6 or one of the other phones in this thread comment on which one could reasonably be flipped for maximum benefit?

Thanks in advance,

Happy antique BlackBerry Z30 user Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11216 posts
10233 upvotes
Inno wrote: Could folks who have sold off an iPhone 6 or one of the other phones in this thread comment on which one could reasonably be flipped for maximum benefit?

Thanks in advance,
It depends on your local Kijiji market.
I sold an iPhone 6 for $330 in January. YMMV
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1403 posts
299 upvotes
ON
With Koodo, if you're able to put it on seasonal hold right away, is there a minimum time you have to stay on seasonal hold (doubt it)? and when you leave the hold do you go back to your original/promo plan (in this case with the 3GB bonus) or do you just get whatever plan is available at that time?
Newbie
Oct 27, 2015
35 posts
138 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Hey guys, tried to do seasonal hold but the Koodo rep over phone mentioned about the 90 days policy. He then tried to do it anyway but the system denied him with a popup showing the 90 days policy. He even went as far as talking with some other "support" member but still got denied. Has anyone successfully had it applied recently? If it's a hard requirement on their system then it seems like it's not just about calling multiple times to get lucky.. This is a bit of a bummer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
1355 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Inno wrote: Could folks who have sold off an iPhone 6 or one of the other phones in this thread comment on which one could reasonably be flipped for maximum benefit?

Thanks in advance,

Happy antique BlackBerry Z30 user Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
You won't really get much, it'll be a long wait to get your asking price, but if brand new in box you can probably get 200-300. I see some on kijiji for around 300-400 asking price but realistically only a fool would pay those prices at this moment.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1466 posts
815 upvotes
Earth
sprdave wrote: With Koodo, if you're able to put it on seasonal hold right away, is there a minimum time you have to stay on seasonal hold (doubt it)? and when you leave the hold do you go back to your original/promo plan (in this case with the 3GB bonus) or do you just get whatever plan is available at that time?
Seasonal hold can be anywhere from 1 to 6 months. I believe your original plan applies when you leave seasonal hold. If you plan to actually use the plan and stay with Koodo for the duration of the two year plan seasonal hold is not necessary.
Zoomer Wireless: $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
6833 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
blackbirdman wrote: You won't really get much, it'll be a long wait to get your asking price, but if brand new in box you can probably get 200-300. I see some on kijiji for around 300-400 asking price but realistically only a fool would pay those prices at this moment.
Would it make sense to get one of the Samsungs then, like A5?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2015
1355 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Inno wrote: Would it make sense to get one of the Samsungs then, like A5?
I'd get the A5, you'd probably get more buyers, it's newer. And it beats the 6 in almost every specs except the processor speed which i'm not sure about, but even then it will run way smoother and snappier than the 6 running ios 11.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1012 posts
194 upvotes
TMS also matching 200K + 100K bonus + 50K trade in =350K PC points ($350) for Iphone 6/SE on medium tab. Not sure about other models
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2012
1146 posts
692 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
golfer29 wrote: TMS also matching 200K + 100K bonus + 50K trade in =350K PC points ($350) for Iphone 6/SE on medium tab. Not sure about other models
I'm tempted going TMS route but there has been a lot of bad press as of late with stolen points Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
1051 posts
139 upvotes
Oakville, ON
ttjiaa wrote: Hey guys, tried to do seasonal hold but the Koodo rep over phone mentioned about the 90 days policy. He then tried to do it anyway but the system denied him with a popup showing the 90 days policy. He even went as far as talking with some other "support" member but still got denied. Has anyone successfully had it applied recently? If it's a hard requirement on their system then it seems like it's not just about calling multiple times to get lucky.. This is a bit of a bummer.
I called twice to try to get the seasonal hold as well (bought phone today), and the 2nd rep said the same thing to me. She tried to do it anyways and told me that the 'system would not allow her' to put the account on hold as it was less than 90 days. I'm going to try a couple times again tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I'm just going to cancel.
Newbie
Oct 27, 2015
35 posts
138 upvotes
Nepean, ON
2heaven wrote: I called twice to try to get the seasonal hold as well (bought phone today), and the 2nd rep said the same thing to me. She tried to do it anyways and told me that the 'system would not allow her' to put the account on hold as it was less than 90 days. I'm going to try a couple times again tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I'm just going to cancel.
Yeah, I'll give it another try too. Please report back how things go for you tmr!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3985 posts
924 upvotes
hightech wrote: The device came out almost 4 years ago and gets sluggish with the latest iOS updates
I came from Android and got an iPhone6+ as a company phone. The min I used it I hated it.
1st of all no back button. Different app put their back button either on top left or bottom left and have to look for it to go back. 2ndly the freaking round finger print sensor only works half the time and is slow as hell compare to my old Android phone. And after 3 trials it will ask me to input the code. 3rdly I can't turn off my wifi/BT to save battery. Swipping from bottom to turn it off only to disconnect it from the source. I have to go to Settings to do this. What a PITA.
Android gives me freedom to personalize everything I like. It is open vs close system. It is democracy vs proprietary.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)