Expired Hot Deals

Wow Mobile

Telus iPhone 7 128G zero down on a two year premium plan from WOW Mobile, PM of Bestbuy Bell

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2016 12:50 am
[OP]
Dec 11, 2007
114 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary

Telus iPhone 7 128G zero down on a two year premium plan from WOW Mobile, PM of Bestbuy Bell

Retailer:
Wow Mobile
Hot, IMHO...

Just got back from the Mall. Got an iPhone 7 128G for zero down on a two year premium plan. Here are the tricks:
1. You need to be existing Telus customer with either home phone, TV, or internet;
2. You need to have an old cell phone for trade in. Any old phone will do... I traded in a 15 year old brick phone.

BestBuy currently has a deal from Bell that offers $299 down on iPhone 7 128G with a two year plan. I have WOW Mobile to price match that on Telus two year premium plan, starting at $75 a month.

Being on other existing Telus services, I received two hundred dollars off, trading in an old phone, I got another one hundred dollars off that effectively bring the upfront cost to zero.

As an added bonus, I got additionally $5 off a month for bundling mobility with existing Telus services, making the monthly bill cheaper. You have different options on a premium monthly plan with Telus, after the $5 monthly discount:
- $65 for 300 local minutes, free evening & weekend, unlimited national wide text and 250M data
- $70 for 300 local minutes, free evening & weekend, unlimited national wide text and 500M data
- $75 for 300 local minutes, free evening & weekend, unlimited national wide text and 2G data
- $85 for unlimited nation wide minutes, unlimited national wide text and 2G data.

I realise these monthly plans may not be as attractive as others available in other parts of the country. But we do pay more when it comes to cell phone services in Alberta. Comparing the deals with Rogers, Bell or even Koodo, Fido,or Virgin, I think this is the best deal for an iPhone 7 128G on a two year plan, without paying an upfront fees or over $100 a month on a basic plan.

Hope that helps...
3 replies
Dec 25, 2011
269 posts
197 upvotes
Hamilton
Not bad, if you compare the price of buying outright and a BYOP $40/month plan, with the $80 plan (putting a smartphone on <2GB per month is a joke) you'd be paying about the same after two years. With that said, if you went BYOP and decided to keep the 7 for an additional year, you'd be saving ~$500 at 3 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2198 posts
782 upvotes
Did WoW offer any giftcards at all? It's a good attempt but I also find it hard to believe this is hot. Warm at best IMHO
[OP]
Dec 11, 2007
114 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
Those who comment on the expensive monthly plan fees probably do not live in Alberta. A similar 2G data and unlimited Canada calling texting costs $90 in Alberta but only $55 in Manitoba, both from Telus.

The key point is it can be zero down for a thousand dollar iPhone with a two year premium plan from Telus. Depending where you are, the monthly fees can be ranging from $55 to $75, at least.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)