Most of your questions are in the FAQ on the first page.vipuls wrote: ↑Thanks GSD,
I read your other posts related to your import. Thanks for all the responses.
Could you clear following points.
1) At border pay only GST (even though Ontario is now HST province)? Credit card only method to pay Canadian border for GST and Duty?
2) PST to be paid at MTO (how do they accept payment)?
3) M-F only days can I go to US export office at Buffalo? Don't they do processing on weekends? I was trying to do this without using up my vacation days at work.
4) As per link below Peace bridge US border office is also listed on pull down menu. I could be wrong. Please correct me if required.
5) if you or anyone can guide me, at final stage at MTO Can I add my wife on ontario registration even though she will not be on invoice and will not travel with me to US and Canadian border offices.
GSD, you bought car from Ohio, how did you verify the quality of car? or did you just rely on dealers reputation?
Flights from Buffalo to Cleveland goes around $500.
The Canadian Border folks take ANY kind of payment (cash, cheques, credit cards, debit, etc..). I remember asking the border person if they were worried about people writing bad cheques. He laughed and said, "who in their right mind would write us a bad cheque? The penalties wouldn't be worth it".
One last question, why would you fly from Buffalo to Cleveland? It's a three hour drive. It's cheaper to take the bus.