Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Always] WOW ---- New and used cars from US up to 30% cheaper - Read post #1

Poll: Are Canadian cars overpriced

• Total votes: 335. You have voted on this poll.
I have no voice, Canadian Dealers/Manufacturers are taking advantage of the Canadian consumer

33%
In most cases, new cars purchased in the US are almost always thousands cheaper

44%
I owe no one a living, competition is good. Thank you NAFTA!

18%
With the exchange rate factored in, Canadian prices are roughly the same

2%
With the exchange rate and financing, Canadian prices are cheaper - Buy Canadian!

2%

Poll ended at Dec 28th, 2006 1:46 pm

Oct 31, 2007
47 posts
Montreal
Hey guys,

Any of you from Montreal and bought a Subaru in the States? If so, I'd like some referals if you had a good service/price.

thanks!
E.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1177 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
eurasian wrote: Hey guys,

Any of you from Montreal and bought a Subaru in the States? If so, I'd like some referals if you had a good service/price.

thanks!
E.
I did at Burlington Subaru. They don't give the best price but they take care of physically sending someone at the border with the proper papers 72 hours in advance.
Nov 7, 2007
1 posts
Might be hard to locate now, but does anyone have an electronic copy of the RIV admissible vehicles that was just prior to Nov. 1? I bought on Oct. 31, but need some backup to try and get my 2008 Toyota Prius through...

PM would be fantastic, and thanks in advance.

eric
Jan 10, 2007
752 posts
409 upvotes
Montreal
eurasian wrote: Hey guys,

thanks!
E.
I have heard only great things about Xan at Manchester Subaru. It is about 4 hours away but you might save some $$$ as he usually sells at rock bottom prices as compared to Burlington Subaru. He also takes care of all the paperwork.
Mar 30, 2006
761 posts
33 upvotes
Hi RFDers, I'm purchasing a brand new G37 but it does not have DRL. How do I get the DRL to be enabled?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3246 posts
683 upvotes
RRKnight wrote: Hi RFDers, I'm purchasing a brand new G37 but it does not have DRL. How do I get the DRL to be enabled?
Canadian Tire can install the feature while they do the inspection. It's just a relay.
Mar 30, 2006
761 posts
33 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: Canadian Tire can install the feature while they do the inspection. It's just a relay.
Do you know how much they charge?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24616 posts
1786 upvotes
Markham, ON
...crappy tire touching a G37....holy mother of god. :O
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5698 posts
1759 upvotes
Ottawa
thelefteyeguy wrote: ...crappy tire touching a G37....holy mother of god. :O
I would agree 100% - you're spending a lot of money on a car, don't let CT touch it !!!

CT can install a generic 3rd party DRL relay which works by splicing into a few cables (low beams, high beams, wrap around one plug, etc) and it's only about $25 plus install but do yourself a favour and bring it into the dealership to get the proper module for your car rather than a band-aid solution. Probably cost you a few hundred dollars but I think it's well worth it.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1177 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
RRKnight wrote: Do you know how much they charge?
I would stay away from CT touching a brand new car!

Why can't the US dealer do it?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5698 posts
1759 upvotes
Ottawa
erpou wrote: Might be hard to locate now, but does anyone have an electronic copy of the RIV admissible vehicles that was just prior to Nov. 1? I bought on Oct. 31, but need some backup to try and get my 2008 Toyota Prius through...

eric
Actually if anyone has it, forward it off to www.carburner.com and/or www.ataleoftwoprices.com. If those guys don't want it, send me a PM and I'll host it on my machine so that others who want it can get it easily.
Mar 30, 2006
761 posts
33 upvotes
scouzi wrote: I would stay away from CT touching a brand new car!

Why can't the US dealer do it?
Good point guys, do you think the dealer here will do it?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4672 posts
804 upvotes
SK
thelefteyeguy wrote: ...crappy tire touching a G37....holy mother of god. :O
ha ha...I have to agree with that comment :D
I would phone a few Infiniti dealers around you and get a quote. It might be $300 more then Crappy Tire but you'll be happier!

As I mentioned before, I guy at work imported a 2008 Altima Coupe and got the DRL's installed at Nissan (also an Infiniti dealer) for $250 Parts and Labour. Also from what I've read and seen personally, the Crappy Tire staff hardly even check for DRL's (around here at least)
shopper-X
Oct 31, 2007
67 posts
erpou wrote: Might be hard to locate now, but does anyone have an electronic copy of the RIV admissible vehicles that was just prior to Nov. 1? I bought on Oct. 31, but need some backup to try and get my 2008 Toyota Prius through...

eric
hi eric, you can find it here.
http://ataleoftwoprices.com/forum/forums/t/9.aspx
Compare car prices between U.S. and Canada at www.ATaleofTwoPrices.com
Nov 16, 2004
858 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
perfchris wrote: I have heard only great things about Xan at Manchester Subaru. It is about 4 hours away but you might save some $$$ as he usually sells at rock bottom prices as compared to Burlington Subaru. He also takes care of all the paperwork.
+1

I can vouch for the $$$ savings...