Quebec Only: iPhone XR $50 with Trade In and Tab Large at Koodo

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 4:28 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1187 posts
857 upvotes
Montr
vicktnguyen wrote: Living in QC ain't too bad sometimes . It's also easier to gain access to good deals, since RFD is not that popular in Quebec Winking Face.
All the $$ that you save with deals won’t be enough to pay for the extra income tax
Feb 25, 2015
359 posts
153 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I have it on my self serve with $100 on tab large + $199 bill credits over 6 months and no activation fee! I'm in Quebec!
This means the phone would cost $380+tax
Unfortunately I'm not into iphone. I was hoping to find a deal on the Note 9
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1187 posts
857 upvotes
Montr
goal80 wrote: I have it on my self serve with $100 on tab large + $199 bill credits over 6 months and no activation fee! I'm in Quebec!
This means the phone would cost $380+tax
Unfortunately I'm not into iphone. I was hoping to find a deal on the Note 9
If the Note’s kept the same screen ratio than Note 4/5 then I’d be interested too
Absolutely dislike the narrow and long screen
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1261 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
What would happen if you select Quebec and check out with an Ontario address? Just wondering because you can actually get to the end and enter any province for the address.
Nov 19, 2018
19 posts
21 upvotes
Boomer23 wrote: What would happen if you select Quebec and check out with an Ontario address? Just wondering because you can actually get to the end and enter any province for the address.
Curious to know
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1261 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
JitinK36608 wrote: Curious to know
Wondering if they actually check before they fulfill the order...I'm sure someone on here has tried :) lol
Feb 1, 2015
888 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Boomer23 wrote: Wondering if they actually check before they fulfill the order...I'm sure someone on here has tried :) lol
They do. You need a Quebec address for ship and through the credit check :)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1261 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
Good to know! I went up to the checkout and it let me enter my Ontario address which is why I was wonder :)
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1162 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
Desperadude wrote: All the $$ that you save with deals won’t be enough to pay for the extra income tax
You gain some, you lose some. Look up how much people generally pay for daycare in ON vs QC. Also, look up provincial budget deficits.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1162 posts
458 upvotes
Montreal
Desperadude wrote: Koodo should really get rid of the cancel after a few days loop hole. Their real clients are paying for the phone subsidies and all the resources spent on the fake clients
lol Koodo knows full well the risks and implications. Koodo has likely determined that they would attract more real customers with that promo than people who would bother to exploit that scheme. That's why it is province-limited promo -- it's based on their market data.
This math is basically the damn point of promos (and phone subsidies) in the first place: attract new subscribers for potentially higher profit in the long term, while accepting the lower profit margins in the short term.
With your logic, every customer who is benefitting from a great promo plan is being subsidized by customers who pay full price. So maybe telcos should just stop doing promos altogether.
Jun 20, 2011
328 posts
107 upvotes
Boomer23 wrote: Wondering if they actually check before they fulfill the order...I'm sure someone on here has tried :) lol
Anybody ? lol Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4608 posts
2089 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if i can roll in get a Quebec number and get this pricing?
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2789 posts
1840 upvotes
This better than the X? A quick look says the processor is faster on the Xr but the X has a dual camera.