Home & Garden

WTF. Fully grown adult trick or treating by himself after 10 pm.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2020 3:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19560 posts
5647 upvotes
Toronto

WTF. Fully grown adult trick or treating by himself after 10 pm.

I just got a knock on the door at about 10:15 pm. I open the door only to see a guy who looked like he was in his early 20s, in regular clothes (no costume), who said "Trick or treat!". I told him I had nothing to give him and sent him on his way. He politely acknowledged and left.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have even opened the door.

BTW, we are in an area where regular trick or treating was not recommended due to Covid precautions. So we (using gloves) made some individual loot bags and left them outside on a table during daylight for the local kids. They were gone pretty quickly.

P.S. When I was say 12 or 13, I used to go out at about 9 pm on Halloween trick or treating. Some of the houses would just dump all the leftover candy into my bag so it was a pretty good gig. But I at least had a costume and was with other kids, and I was a tween of course. Not 22 years old. WTAF.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4674 posts
3498 upvotes
LOL

I wouldn't have answered - that's actually kind of creepy.

I never got kids trick or training pre-covid even though I live on a school route so I stopped buying candy 3rd year in.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
2027 posts
682 upvotes
Markham
I put a sign at the end of the driveway informing people we are not giving out candies this year due to covid.
This is to avoid dumb kids knocking on my door.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3780 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto
Should have told him to get a job and slammed the door.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19560 posts
5647 upvotes
Toronto
hierophant wrote: I wouldn't have answered - that's actually kind of creepy.
Yes. I was creeped out. Luckily he didn't seem like a psychopath.

This time.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35645 posts
21731 upvotes
Center of Universe
Get a doorbell camera...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5226 posts
1576 upvotes
Ignore the door.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2005
5001 posts
1385 upvotes
Kitchener
Probably stoned out his mind and needed munchies
Dec 22, 2004
381 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I went trick or treating, I was doing my MBA. It was for giggles, so I can understand. I wasn’t alone though.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19560 posts
5647 upvotes
Toronto
my_sir wrote: Last time I went trick or treating, I was doing my MBA. It was for giggles, so I can understand. I wasn’t alone though.
Yeah, that I can understand. Were you at least dressed up? If so, that's fine, esp. if with a bunch of friends who are also dressed up.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2710 posts
1278 upvotes
That's way too late to be trick or treating at any age. Turn off your lights by 8PM, 9 tops.

If they are doing this at a normal time, and are actually wearing a costume, I could care less I guess. But not even putting any effort into it is just plain lazy. How hard is it to put a mask on your face?

The other issue is, if you end up not giving someone candy, they might end up egging your house or something.
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
12417 posts
9149 upvotes
GTA, ON
I'm more shocked you opened the door to a stranger at 10:15pm. For all you know, it could have resulted in a home invasion.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16410 posts
5145 upvotes
London
a) College prank - He lost a bet or his friends put him up to it. They were probably watching from a couple houses away
b) Edibles - was so high that he thought was 12 and dressed in a really cool costume. He thought your costume as cool too
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3835 posts
873 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
It is trick OR treat right? should have said, sorry no treats and offered him a tasering as a trick!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19560 posts
5647 upvotes
Toronto
zzzz24 wrote: If they are doing this at a normal time, and are actually wearing a costume, I could care less I guess. But not even putting any effort into it is just plain lazy. How hard is it to put a mask on your face?
He was wearing a mask... for Covid. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes