• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2011 12:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
259 upvotes

www.laptopscreen.com - sent wrong screen BUT tech support resolving issue

acer 722 i purchased from futureshop, post I made on HotDeals about laptop - futureshop-aspire-one-11-6-1366x768-win ... a-1076636/

The screen cracked on the Acer 722 when I dropped it so Acer warranty was out of the question. I decided to try repairing it on my own as youtube videos i came across made it appear easy, one of the youtube videos was advertising laptopscreens.com so i decided to order from them. The order process was simple, chose model # which was the Acer 722 and since I'm from BC i received the screen in 3 business days.

The problem is the screen they sent is different from original and won't fit back into the laptop. I've been talking to their tech support via onsite text messaging for 3 days since receiving screen but tech support takes about 12 hours to respond after each message, they don't provide a phone number.

I've started looking up reviews and more information about them (should have done before ordering) which lead me to finding people saying the business writes reviews themselves and pays people do it, some reviews read exactly what I've experienced with wrong orders and slow or non responsive tech support. I received an email saying I would get $20 if I made a youtube video showing my installation which Is how I found them.

I'm not sure whats going to happen next...they haven't responded for about 20 hours now since my last message to them and reading up on the reviews about them has me worried

Tech support has been helpful and is helping me resolve issue currently
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
259 upvotes
sandy_beach wrote: Return it and shop elsewhere...

if i can return it, still waiting for their tech to message me

It was $85 total (after shipping + taxes) for the screen, hope i don't have to pay for shipping this thing back
Oct 20, 2011
6 posts
4 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
Hi DiploDocus,

We are actually located in North Vancouver, we don't have any locations in Richmond (just setting the record straight)

If we have the screen you need, we'll send it out Express first thing in the morning on Monday,
if we do not, we will obviously refund the transaction.
If we indeed sent you a wrong screen, we will take care of all shipping charges as well.

Also, just so you know, we do provide a telephone number: 1 855 630 1111 (Toll Free) M-F 9am-6pm

Regards,
Ellis, LaptopScreen.com
ilia(nospam)laptopscreencom
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
259 upvotes
tech support is helping me out now, going to get refunded and shipping back item will be free to them which is good
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
259 upvotes
i received a partial refund today but not the total amount

$80 instead of $85

not sure why

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)