Retailer:
www.latulippe.com
Thermacell
Deluxe Insect Repellent Set
Code : 605803
UPC: 843654003047
$39.95 $49.95
You save $10.00.

This kit comes with a 300 series device / deluxe set which includes a case, 6 insect repellent pads and 2 butane cartridges.

Pretty much everywhere these devices are selling for full price and this kit contains 2x more cartridges and pads than other kits + the case AND is 10$ cheaper.

You need 49$ worth of goods in your cart for free shipping.
Images
  • Deluxe Insect Repellent Set - Thermacell _ Latulippe.jpg
64 replies
[OP]
Jun 7, 2013
288 posts
226 upvotes
Mascouche
Forgot to mention that at Princess Auto there is also a nice in-store only deal for the 450 model, if you can find it. I was in Laval (QC) yesterday and at that store store they did not had it in stock.

Was $49.99, NOW $27.73

Princess Auto
Jan 2, 2007
257 posts
153 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a butane version and it works great but the butane canisters empty so quickly compared to the pads. I will eventually buy the non-butane version. I don't find the consumables for this version to be very cost-efficient.
Mar 4, 2006
304 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
Cyc66 wrote: I have a butane version and it works great but the butane canisters empty so quickly compared to the pads. I will eventually buy the non-butane version. I don't find the consumables for this version to be very cost-efficient.
I found the happy medium for me is to buy the backpacker version of the thermacell. That way you can use any normal butane canister from Canadian tire instead of the proprietary ones.

I also bought a giant pack of the repellant pads from Malaysia via eBay and they seem to be used up way faster than the Thermacell equivalent
Mar 4, 2006
304 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
Cyc66 wrote: I have a butane version and it works great but the butane canisters empty so quickly compared to the pads. I will eventually buy the non-butane version. I don't find the consumables for this version to be very cost-efficient.
I found the happy medium for me is to buy the backpacker version of the thermacell. That way you can use any normal butane canister from Canadian tire instead of the proprietary ones.

I also bought a giant pack of the repellant pads from Malaysia via eBay and they seem to be used up way faster than the Thermacell equivalent
Sep 15, 2015
675 posts
491 upvotes
Mooooonnn
mattisgrat wrote: I found the happy medium for me is to buy the backpacker version of the thermacell. That way you can use any normal butane canister from Canadian tire instead of the proprietary ones.

Can you share the ebay link for the Malaysia ones? I tried last year but all OOS, tried some Chinese one didn’t work well
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jan 23, 2008
138 posts
16 upvotes
mattisgrat wrote: I found the happy medium for me is to buy the backpacker version of the thermacell. That way you can use any normal butane canister from Canadian tire instead of the proprietary ones.
You just sent me down the rabbit hole on this but it’s very timely. For some reason my daughter has recently reacted quite poorly to mosquito bites.

The version you suggest will work great on my patio at home with the added bonus of I can use it on my camping trips.

Just need to figure out how to differentiate between gen one and gen two.

Best price I can see so far is $40 at Cabela’s.

Thanks again.
Apr 7, 2008
343 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
I had the same problem until I found this hack. Tried it and it works. Now I just refill the butane canisters with a cheap butane can from Canadian Tire that came with nozzle adapters.
Butane hack video:

Thermacell works. I go camping in the deep woods and no longer spray myself with Deet. Just put 2 Thermacells out and we had the area around 4 tents mosquito free.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2090 posts
1323 upvotes
Cambridge
I'd also just like to add that thermacell does indeed work wonders. Had doubts but bought one a few years back... We take it camping, set it up while our site was full of bugs, within 15 minutes, nothing... Was honestly shocked.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4577 posts
2671 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: I'd also just like to add that thermacell does indeed work wonders. Had doubts but bought one a few years back... We take it camping, set it up while our site was full of bugs, within 15 minutes, nothing... Was honestly shocked.
How does it work??

I've been looking at different solutions, but want to avoid things that are too smelly, too toxic or useless. Currently just lighting citronella candles and works alright, except I'm running low on candles...
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2090 posts
1323 upvotes
Cambridge
bhrm wrote: How does it work??

I've been looking at different solutions, but want to avoid things that are too smelly, too toxic or useless. Currently just lighting citronella candles and works alright, except I'm running low on candles...
The butane keeps a small flame lit and that heats up the lad that sits above it. Whatever is in the pad then gets dispersed into the air...fills in a radius around the unit...maybe 15 feet around? I don't recall there being a smell that's emitted but the pad does smell if you sniff it. How toxic, I'm not sure.
Sep 28, 2003
335 posts
38 upvotes
bhrm wrote: How does it work??

The butane heats up the repellent pad to aerosolize the repellent. The marketing say it's safe because it's a chemical found in chrysanthemums but they probably manufacture the chemical. It really does work unless it's a windy area. It does take a few minutes for the pad to heat up and for the repellent to disperse.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3897 posts
3057 upvotes
Ottawa
gyro wrote: I had the same problem until I found this hack. Tried it and it works. Now I just refill the butane canisters with a cheap butane can from Canadian Tire that came with nozzle adapters.

Thermacell works. I go camping in the deep woods and no longer spray myself with Deet. Just put 2 Thermacells out and we had the area around 4 tents mosquito free.
Which refill can did you get from CT with the right nozzle for the Thermacell cartridges? Could you please provide a name or link? Is it this MagTorch Butane Cylinder Refill, 5.6-oz for $8.99? It seems to have multiple tips. How many cartridges does 1 can refill? I have a Thermacell kit but I haven't used it yet.
-MagTorch Butane Cylinder Refill can be used for a wide array of applications
-Includes multiple tips within the cap for different applications
-Suitable for refilling butane lighters and torches
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4577 posts
2671 upvotes
Sarc wrote: The butane heats up the repellent pad to aerosolize the repellent. The marketing say it's safe because it's a chemical found in chrysanthemums but they probably manufacture the chemical. It really does work unless it's a windy area. It does take a few minutes for the pad to heat up and for the repellent to disperse.
Thanks for this!

Marketing did make it sound magical and perfectly safe. I guess it's....safer? Less toxic? DEET is effective but I feel like it repels all living life forms...
Apr 20, 2016
48 posts
54 upvotes
I can speak to how well these work! On more than a few occasions I have fired these up during heavy mosquito activity while I was working outside. Quickly the area becomes basically mosquito free.

Biggest downfall is wind conditions. If it’s too breezy the Repellent is blown away and the mosquitoes will fight the wind and stay near.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1105 posts
679 upvotes
gyro wrote: I had the same problem until I found this hack. Tried it and it works. Now I just refill the butane canisters with a cheap butane can from Canadian Tire that came with nozzle adapters.
Butane hack video:

We got our thermacell last year and it works wonders. So much so that a few of our neighbours bought them as well. Last year I did the hack from this video and it works great. Refilling the butane is easy and cheap now.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1575 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
bpcrally wrote: We got our thermacell last year and it works wonders. So much so that a few of our neighbours bought them as well. Last year I did the hack from this video and it works great. Refilling the butane is easy and cheap now.
What nozzle did you use? I've tried a few from various canisters but only got it to work once. Butane sprayed everywhere and tips end up breaking.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6085 posts
2430 upvotes
Canuckland
They can be refilled easily much prefer the butane version