Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Intel Core i9-9900K $519.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 4:56 pm
Dec 28, 2012
21 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Newegg] Intel Core i9-9900K $519.99

Hello All,
I have been looking for a good price for the 9th Gen i9 for workstation setup displaying 64 IP cameras. Seems like a good price.

Also with free shipping, seems to be at least $100 cheaper than every where else.

Free Gift:
Intel Gift - Marvel's Avengers Gaming Bundle Master Keys
Value: $79.99
19-118-147-V01.jpg

Thanks,
Memonics
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 1st, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
21 replies
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
I think they might be clearing out some of those chips to make it more competitive. I also think for that price, the new AMD cpu will give 2x as much cores and threads, just by my estimate. So 16 cores 32 threads for roughly the same price. Hopefully an announcement soon.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
This price is the new norm.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1539 posts
959 upvotes
memonics wrote: for workstation setup displaying 64 IP cameras.
Ralcog wrote: Id go for the 9700k
I'd go for a 9600k or AMD Ryzen 3600 with a fairly cheap GPU such as a 1030 or a 710. Would come out to less.
The rest I would add towards a high end mobo with a kick-ass network chip and network infrastructure, Ip camears require stable network connection and not a high end CPU.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
govas19 wrote: I'd go for a 9600k or AMD Ryzen 3600 with a fairly cheap GPU such as a 1030 or a 710. Would come out to less.
The rest I would add towards a high end mobo with a kick-ass network chip and network infrastructure, Ip camears require stable network connection and not a high end CPU.
According to gamer nexus, some 9600k has this weird hiccup, making 1% lows unbearable in games.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5819 posts
3844 upvotes
West Vancouver
Wait for new zen cpus
Nov 26, 2018
526 posts
521 upvotes
i bought it at $699 when it first launched 2.5 years ago with the cool retail box. surprised to still see it listed mostly for $600 everywhere.
Jul 2, 2015
279 posts
279 upvotes
Dartmouth
Anyone who is buying this now is throwing away money, unless its an in socket upgrade.

5800x/5900x will be out in 3 weeks.

the 10700k goes on sale for cheaper at times, and is arguably better, slightly.

The 9900k is a dead CPU, only worth it if you are already invested in the socket.
Jul 25, 2008
11 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I think a lot of people missed what the OP is trying to do. I bet that he is trying to run a Blue Iris server with the 64 camera. And he mentioned live view. To be able to live view and have Blue Iris deal with motion trigger your camera's can eat A LOT of CPU resources. Especially if he has 64 cameras. The reason why he picks Intel is because it has the best H264/H265 hardware decoding compatibility with Blue Iris. So his iGPU can decode all of the cameras signals coming in. Then 8 Core/ 16 threads can focus on displaying all of the 64 cameras in real time to any of the client devices connecting to the server. And I did find that going Intel for the CPU and GPU decoding was least amount of power draw, which does matter since it's on 24/7. Yes you can go AMD cpu and Nvidia GPU. But things are more smother with Intel. I didn't have great luck using a Nvidia GPU for decoding.

I have a i5-8400 running 11 cameras with live view at 15fps (with motion triggers), in the daytime the CPU is constantly at minimum 60% usage. The moment someone logs in and wants view any previous footage, it spikes the CPU usage. And if you want it to be responsive and not have any lost frames in the cameras, you need a lot of available resources.

Would love to buy one... but that's still a lot of $$$
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5819 posts
3844 upvotes
West Vancouver
Uranium101 wrote: Are they that bad? I was going to buy Intel stocks lol. I guess I will put it off.
Worst time. They are declining.

Its not that their cpu are bad per se but AMD is eating them now.

Intel overpriced their products and had a shitty attitude for years. Now its payback time.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
2001 posts
2664 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Worst time. They are declining.

Its not that their cpu are bad per se but AMD is eating them now.

Intel overpriced their products and had a shitty attitude for years. Now its payback time.
I wasn't around on these forums back during the AMD Bulldozer days but did everyone crap on AMD back then like they crap on Intel now? Genuinely curious about that.
Jan 21, 2009
73 posts
16 upvotes
Uranium101 wrote: Are they that bad? I was going to buy Intel stocks lol. I guess I will put it off.
Buy AMD stock instead and join the winning team. Buy Ryzen Chips as well as most come with cooling fans so that will save you even more money getting far superior performance. I'm surprised Intel hasn't slashed prices more quite honestly.
Dec 19, 2006
875 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
TDotHacker wrote: I think they might be clearing out some of those chips to make it more competitive. I also think for that price, the new AMD cpu will give 2x as much cores and threads, just by my estimate. So 16 cores 32 threads for roughly the same price. Hopefully an announcement soon.
What on earth is giving you the confidence that AMD is going to price a 16 core cpu for around $500? Just curious if you have heard any sort of rumour that would lead you to guess this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5819 posts
3844 upvotes
West Vancouver
3express wrote: I wasn't around on these forums back during the AMD Bulldozer days but did everyone crap on AMD back then like they crap on Intel now? Genuinely curious about that.
I am ashamed to admit i had an AMD FX-9590 "Bulldozer". It was pretty bad. For the price.
Dec 28, 2012
21 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RagingInferno wrote: I think a lot of people missed what the OP is trying to do. I bet that he is trying to run a Blue Iris server with the 64 camera. And he mentioned live view. To be able to live view and have Blue Iris deal with motion trigger your camera's can eat A LOT of CPU resources. Especially if he has 64 cameras. The reason why he picks Intel is because it has the best H264/H265 hardware decoding compatibility with Blue Iris. So his iGPU can decode all of the cameras signals coming in. Then 8 Core/ 16 threads can focus on displaying all of the 64 cameras in real time to any of the client devices connecting to the server. And I did find that going Intel for the CPU and GPU decoding was least amount of power draw, which does matter since it's on 24/7. Yes you can go AMD cpu and Nvidia GPU. But things are more smother with Intel. I didn't have great luck using a Nvidia GPU for decoding.

I have a i5-8400 running 11 cameras with live view at 15fps (with motion triggers), in the daytime the CPU is constantly at minimum 60% usage. The moment someone logs in and wants view any previous footage, it spikes the CPU usage. And if you want it to be responsive and not have any lost frames in the cameras, you need a lot of available resources.

Would love to buy one... but that's still a lot of $$$
Haha, this was exactly what I was thinking, you read my mind :)
Nov 3, 2010
369 posts
581 upvotes
Niagara Falls
The 10700k was $479ish last week. 10th gen I7 is basically just a newer 9900k, and it was cheaper. $520-$530 is the regular for the 9900k now, so not much of a deal.
Dec 9, 2016
403 posts
314 upvotes
ocisnicola wrote: What on earth is giving you the confidence that AMD is going to price a 16 core cpu for around $500? Just curious if you have heard any sort of rumour that would lead you to guess this.
i also wanna know this

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)