• Aug 1st, 2020 9:32 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1384 posts
1415 upvotes
ON

Wyze cam now in Canada

For all those looking to install Wyze security cams around their house, good news is that they are now officially available in Canada - at Petsmart. Yeah for some reason they are being marketed here as pet cameras. The not so good news is that the long awaited outdoor security cam is not at Petsmart. I wonder if that’s because an outdoor cam can not really be marketed as a pet cam. Or maybe because Wyze would like to satisfy the America demand first.

Of all the places I would never have thought that Petsmart would be selected as their Canadian launchpad.

https://www.petsmart.ca/search/?q=Wyze&ps=undefined
Last edited by Holystone on Aug 1st, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
13 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15001 posts
11521 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Why not? People can now monitor their pets. No other competition in Petsmart unlike BestBuy and other tech stores.
Holystone wrote: For all those looking to install Wyze security cams around their house, good news is that they are now officially available in Canada - at Petsmart. Yeah for some reason they are being marketed here as pet cameras. The not so good news is that the long awaited outdoor security cam is not at Petsmart. I wonder if that’s because an outdoor cam can not really be marketed as a pet cam. Or maybe because Wyze would like to satisfy the America demand first.

Of all the places I would never have thought that Petsmart would be selected as their Canadian launchpad.

https://www.petsmart.ca/search/?q=Wyze&ps=undefined

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1384 posts
1415 upvotes
ON
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Why not? People can now monitor their pets. No other competition in Petsmart unlike BestBuy and other tech stores.
That is very true. But at the same time, Wyze cam is more well known as a security cam and a pet store would hardly be the place I would be searching for it. In any case as long as they launch all their products in Canada whether at Petsmart or wherever....
Nov 23, 2011
764 posts
811 upvotes
West GTA
I'm waiting for them to release the outdoor cams!

Thanks for the info, OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4389 posts
4603 upvotes
Toronto
looking for the motion and door sensor
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1518 posts
1042 upvotes
Longueuil
Is it an official Canadian launch or that store simply sell them on the "grey" market? They don't sell the sensors or any other components.

Amazon.ca (sold and shipped by) already sells some Wyze products.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1518 posts
1042 upvotes
Longueuil
That is a start but they are still working on an official launch in Canada, from their newsletter:
"P.S. Hey Canada! We're still working hard and making good progress on an offical Canada launch, but through Petsmart Wyze Cam is now in 100 stores up there."
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1384 posts
1415 upvotes
ON
Received this message today from Wyze:

Hey Canada! We’re still working hard and making good progress on an offical Canada launch, but through Petsmart Wyze Cam is now in 100 stores up there.

Edit: @JEDI Force I see that you beat me in posting the message.
Last edited by Holystone on Jul 29th, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1384 posts
1415 upvotes
ON
mickman wrote: I'm waiting for them to release the outdoor cams!
Same here. Waiting rather impatiently!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2419 posts
3192 upvotes
Sweet. I don't think outdoor cams will come anytime soon to Canada. They have pre-orders now only in the US and they won't deliver until Oct it says.

I hope they have support for Canada though for the v2 regular ones.
Mar 17, 2015
786 posts
1507 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Too funny. Although price could definitely be better. Hopefully this means warranty will be honoured now (although we've never had an issue with ours from Amazon Canada). Now to patiently wait for the outdoor cam arrival.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10455 posts
632 upvotes
New-Brunswick
Price is the same as on Amazon... I bought a couple to put outside while waiting on outdoor cams. I had Nest at my old house but considering you had to both buy a wired cam at a premium and then pay them a monthly fee to store the video I'm never going back to Google.
Sep 15, 2017
795 posts
905 upvotes
You pay for what you get, and this just reflects the quality of the cameras.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)