[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1772 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto

Wyze Cam Pan Wall Mount Idea

Hi All,

I purchased a Wyze Cam Pan with the intention of setting it up indoor facing the front door for security, and I wanted to wall mount it to one of the top corners.

Questions:
- how are you guys getting power to these units? Are you separately adding a wall outlet beside (would be an eyesore for sure)?
- what are some good wall mount units that you guys recommend? I was planning to just grab a simple one off amazon

Much appreciated.
MechanicalMan64
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3863 posts
1269 upvotes
Buy a Wyze outdoor camera.

Power has always been a problem for cameras and if i have to run a cable or might as well be PoE.
Mar 10, 2004
377 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Hi All,

I purchased a Wyze Cam Pan with the intention of setting it up indoor facing the front door for security, and I wanted to wall mount it to one of the top corners.

Questions:
- how are you guys getting power to these units? Are you separately adding a wall outlet beside (would be an eyesore for sure)?
- what are some good wall mount units that you guys recommend? I was planning to just grab a simple one off amazon

Much appreciated.

I have a few regular wyze cam's outside for 2 years without issue, just got 20ft usb cables and ran them inside my garage to a plug. For mount I have a 3d printer so I just printed something, I also printed a little cover for one that is a bit more elements exposed. I've used a few mounts from amazon that works fine too.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11957 posts
7123 upvotes
Paris
JonSnow wrote: Buy a Wyze outdoor camera.

Power has always been a problem for cameras and if i have to run a cable or might as well be PoE.
How does one do that right now?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1772 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Just to clarify, i'm putting these indoors and trying to mount it against a top corner of a wall.
MechanicalMan64
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Hi All,

Questions:

Much appreciated.
My wyze cam came with a round metal bracket (looks like a big washer) to screw into the wall, and the base of the camera is magnetic.

For power, get a long USB cable as someone mentioned earlier and run it to nearest outlet. You can buy wire loom or cable raceway to hide the cable of it looks ugly.

Edit: just noticed this is for the pan camera. Not sure if it comes with the bracket or not. If it is only facing front door, why not just get the basic stationary wyze cam?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9690 posts
1145 upvotes
Wyze has released the wireless outdoor cam now. Not sure how good is the battery though. I think it says it can last months, without using the continuous recording function though.

https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-outdoor.html
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11957 posts
7123 upvotes
Paris
rdx wrote: Wyze has released the wireless outdoor cam now. Not sure how good is the battery though. I think it says it can last months, without using the continuous recording function though.

Id love to buy one in Canada. Any idea how?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1384 posts
1415 upvotes
ON
Not yet available in Canada. Also it’s been sold out in US so doubt it will be coming to Canada anytime soon.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11957 posts
7123 upvotes
Paris
Holystone wrote: Not yet available in Canada. Also it’s been sold out in US so doubt it will be coming to Canada anytime soon.
Exactly. So why are so many people recommending it?

Might as well tell me to buy a Cybertruck today.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7539 posts
8103 upvotes
Vancouver
I was planning to buy another couple of Wyze cams for home recently. Last time was $32 from Amazon.ca. Still US$20 direct from Wyze, but the Amazon.ca price recently went up from $40 to $45. That's some pretty excessive price gouging.
Aug 30, 2015
772 posts
1194 upvotes
BC
rdx wrote: Wyze has released the wireless outdoor cam now. Not sure how good is the battery though. I think it says it can last months, without using the continuous recording function though.

Jerico wrote: Id love to buy one in Canada. Any idea how?
For what it's worth, I bought 3 Wyze Outdoor Cam starter bundles (that was the max they allowed) when they announced it back in late June. Shipped to a Niagara Falls --> Canada reforwarding service (https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/).

I'm just setting up my first one now, so feel free to ask me anything if you're looking for more info on how they perform.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
4595 posts
1832 upvotes
GTA
I've been keeping an eye on the outdoor cams as they would be very handy and I'm happy with my other Wyze cameras so far. Having said that, the reviews on the Wyze site has made me nervous. Lots of reports of poor video quality and terrible motion capture software (to the point that it fails to pick up motion 75% of the time versus a standard wired Wyze camera).

I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11957 posts
7123 upvotes
Paris
setlist wrote: For what it's worth, I bought 3 Wyze Outdoor Cam starter bundles (that was the max they allowed) when they announced it back in late June. Shipped to a Niagara Falls --> Canada reforwarding service (https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/).

I'm just setting up my first one now, so feel free to ask me anything if you're looking for more info on how they perform.
I’d love to see video if you can post something fairly anonymous. And how they handle days when raining.
Aug 30, 2015
772 posts
1194 upvotes
BC
I've got a lot of Wyze Cam v2 and Pans across 2 properties. I've also got 10 Arlos active, so I know the limitations of their wireless, battery, outdoor competition. I should be able to give a good comparison... we shall see!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)