WYZE Cam V3 is out (USA preorder) - $19.99 USD
- Deal Link:
- $19.99 USD
They didn't put this on a timeline or anything which is sneaky of them.
Not necessarily a hot deal, but many rfders who do have the products, or plan on buying additional V2 cams might wanna hold off. I bought 4 cams from Wyze on the Petsmart sale, of which i'll be returning 2. Pretty decent pricing and i like the new water resistant design. Not a fan of all the irritations and flaws that Wyze has in software that they don't address.
Pretty popular camera alongside Eufy/Yi/Blink on RFD. Let's see how much better Wyze had gotten hardware wise and if they actually make the App and software better soon.
Downvote me all you want. People need to know!! I created this post so people know whether to hold off on Wyze V2 or buy it. Not all people can get this deal but it's important nonetheless. And it helps to evaluate if purchasing Wyze from the USA is worth it. 🥺🤬
Questions i have about the device:
- Is it USB type c now? (Answer: It's still Micro USB)
- Is this waterproof now because people didn't want a battery powered camera?
- Is the wifi antenna finally better? (Answer: No change according to reviews, and no 5GHZ which i think isn't really needed)
- When will this come to Canada - Wyze said they acquired a warehouse in Canada but nothing else has been said? (Answer: Ideally first quarter of 2021 but Wyze has been saying this for a while)
- Will this device still allow free person detection? (Answer: That feature is account based so ideally it will stay for the foreseeable future for grandfathered accounts, otherwise Wyze will face lawsuits based on previous claims made)
I saw the vacuum they launched and it seemed nice. I got a Roomba E6 from Walmart for $200 so i'll be sticking to that for a while. I just wish they would first get each of the product software done right before they moved onto the next product. It's like the Cameras are still 90% baked and they moved onto sensors that are only 20% done and now they have vacuums that will be plagued with problems for the first year. They should prioritize Camera Bugs -> Person Detection accuracy -> Notification Delay -> Doorbell and then other products. Only then will people sign up for CamPlus and they'll start making consistent revenue from subscriptions.
Edit 2: If anyone in Alberta (ideally Edmonton, but really anywhere else too) plans on doing a group order, please PM me as I'd like 2 cams myself. We can arrange payment and stuff.
I found a service called DYK that seems to provide great prices and services.
See the link for pricing examples from them. Thanks. Much appreciated!!