1195 posts
1325 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

WYZE Cam V3 is out (USA preorder) - $19.99 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
$19.99 USD
https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-v3.html?utm_s ... ageDetails

They didn't put this on a timeline or anything which is sneaky of them.

Not necessarily a hot deal, but many rfders who do have the products, or plan on buying additional V2 cams might wanna hold off. I bought 4 cams from Wyze on the Petsmart sale, of which i'll be returning 2. Pretty decent pricing and i like the new water resistant design. Not a fan of all the irritations and flaws that Wyze has in software that they don't address.

Pretty popular camera alongside Eufy/Yi/Blink on RFD. Let's see how much better Wyze had gotten hardware wise and if they actually make the App and software better soon.

Downvote me all you want. People need to know!! I created this post so people know whether to hold off on Wyze V2 or buy it. Not all people can get this deal but it's important nonetheless. And it helps to evaluate if purchasing Wyze from the USA is worth it. Crying Face Face Without Mouth☹️🥺🤬Crying FaceConfounded FaceFace With Look Of Triumph

Questions i have about the device:
  • Is it USB type c now? (Answer: It's still Micro USB)
  • Is this waterproof now because people didn't want a battery powered camera?
  • Is the wifi antenna finally better? (Answer: No change according to reviews, and no 5GHZ which i think isn't really needed)
  • When will this come to Canada - Wyze said they acquired a warehouse in Canada but nothing else has been said? (Answer: Ideally first quarter of 2021 but Wyze has been saying this for a while)
  • Will this device still allow free person detection? (Answer: That feature is account based so ideally it will stay for the foreseeable future for grandfathered accounts, otherwise Wyze will face lawsuits based on previous claims made)

Edit:
I saw the vacuum they launched and it seemed nice. I got a Roomba E6 from Walmart for $200 so i'll be sticking to that for a while. I just wish they would first get each of the product software done right before they moved onto the next product. It's like the Cameras are still 90% baked and they moved onto sensors that are only 20% done and now they have vacuums that will be plagued with problems for the first year. They should prioritize Camera Bugs -> Person Detection accuracy -> Notification Delay -> Doorbell and then other products. Only then will people sign up for CamPlus and they'll start making consistent revenue from subscriptions.
Last edited by Bigboy16 on Nov 12th, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 17 times in total.
662 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3529 posts
5146 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please.

Also I don't think Wyze ships to Canada
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1983 posts
1313 upvotes
Water resistant and you can use it outside. Looks like they just cannibalized their outdoor cam.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3529 posts
5146 upvotes
Kitchener
It's also not "out"... its USA only pre-orders that ship in November.
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1195 posts
1325 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
JoJoCan wrote: Price in title please.

Also I don't think Wyze ships to Canada
Done! thanks
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Sep 19, 2008
876 posts
801 upvotes
The new night time image looks way brighter than old one on their website. I'm pretty skeptical of this.. The picture make it seem like they went from iPhone 3 nighttime quality to iPhone 12 in one iteration
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5109 posts
2016 upvotes
moofur wrote: Water resistant and you can use it outside. Looks like they just cannibalized their outdoor cam.
outdoor cam is wireless (battery), these still require an AC plug. So not entirely cannibalized.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2455 posts
1218 upvotes
Mississauga
cbr600 wrote: The new night time image looks way brighter than old one on their website. I'm pretty skeptical of this.. The picture make it seem like they went from iPhone 3 nighttime quality to iPhone 12 in one iteration
I'm curious about this too, but at the cost.. I might bite to just try it haha. I honestly wish these can connect to Nest aware... Nest just seems to have stop innovating since being purchased from Google... its been years since they release an update to their cameras.. which they also charge an arm and a leg for.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1983 posts
1313 upvotes
BenK wrote: outdoor cam is wireless (battery), these still require an AC plug. So not entirely cannibalized.
Agreed ,but the issue is if you look in their forums and facebook group, most people actually prefer a wired option instead of having to charge it all the time.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13659 posts
7354 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Grandfathered accounts on “name your price Person Detection” applies to new Wyze purchases?
Feb 4, 2004
256 posts
23 upvotes
Can't pick Canada for shipping so guessing not a working deal?
Mox

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or lose, its how drunk you get."
H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cbr600 wrote: The new night time image looks way brighter than old one on their website. I'm pretty skeptical of this.. The picture make it seem like they went from iPhone 3 nighttime quality to iPhone 12 in one iteration
With 3 of my 4 Wyzecams aimed outside through a window, I'd be interested to see how it performs at night with just the invisible IR.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15193 posts
2367 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Dammit, I still have a BNIB v2 bought from a year ago.. lol
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AncasterRFD wrote: Grandfathered accounts on “name your price Person Detection” applies to new Wyze purchases?
That's a good question... does it follow accounts, or by camera (I hope it's by accounts). I also wonder if the V3 are more powerful cameras, will they enable RTSP in the stock firmware?
Aug 29, 2017
531 posts
1787 upvotes
1080p (15 to 20 fps) and IP67 finally, but still only 2.4ghz. Surely 5ghz could have been added. Not bad for $20USD + s&h.

Also, it doesn't look like it can support a bridge!
Last edited by BuciMaci on Oct 27th, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1991 posts
702 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I just bought a Blink mini, but it doesn't offer 24/7 continuous recording. This seems to offer that feature.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Also, will we see Homekit support in the near future?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2811 posts
12098 upvotes
Thanks OP. Will order two to my U.S. mailbox.