Computers & Electronics

Wyze one step closer to being in Canada.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 10:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4637 posts
24109 upvotes
Montreal

Wyze one step closer to being in Canada.

For those that are fans of Wyze products. It’s looking like they are one step closer to releasing their products in Canada, but it’ll be through Home Depot it seems.
A4F1801D-8414-4262-8EA5-17814D853BD9.png

https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=Wyze#!q=Wyze
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2585 posts
827 upvotes
lol out of stock online, not sold in stores...
it's gonna be July before you can order WC3s in Canada, from Canada... hopefully by then they will have released the fw with working RTSP implementation...
At this point, buying WC2s is worthless...
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15965 posts
4495 upvotes
Markham
+1 They even don't have enough for USA customers
shortage of chips
https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-v3.html?utm_s ... ageDetails

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 10.11.01 PM.png
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1137 posts
533 upvotes
vodka wrote: lol out of stock online, not sold in stores...
it's gonna be July before you can order WC3s in Canada, from Canada... hopefully by then they will have released the fw with working RTSP implementation...
At this point, buying WC2s is worthless...
Huh? I thought they had a beta fw with rtsp.
Nvm... The WazeCam V2 has a beta fw..... Anyone want to recommend a wireless camera with good low light performance? Wanna setup 1-2 cameras to watch/scare wildlife in my backyard.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4637 posts
24109 upvotes
Montreal
bobohobo2kx wrote: Pet Smart already sells Wyze products here in Canada. Does it not count? https://www.petsmart.ca/search/?q=wyze
That's true, I forgot about them. By the looks, Pet Smart only has the V2 and Pan, HD has the newer products. Plus, Petsmart is not available across the country compared to HD which has locations in every province.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2585 posts
827 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote: Huh? I thought they had a beta fw with rtsp.
Nvm... The WazeCam V2 has a beta fw..... Anyone want to recommend a wireless camera with good low light performance? Wanna setup 1-2 cameras to watch/scare wildlife in my backyard.
They do but it's buggy and sound is shit. Constant disconnects and sound is clipping constantly

I'm checking the ezviz c1c now as a replacement and so far I like it, plus has higher fps
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1775 posts
930 upvotes
SW ON
krazykanuck wrote: but it’ll be through Home Depot it seems.
That's an unusual choice for electronic products.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4637 posts
24109 upvotes
Montreal
alpovs wrote: That's an unusual choice for electronic products.
Makes me think of Wink....exclusive to one vendor and then doesn't get much market share.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6013 posts
1883 upvotes
Montreal
krazykanuck wrote: For those that are fans of Wyze products. It’s looking like they are one step closer to releasing their products in Canada, but it’ll be through Home Depot it seems.

https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=Wyze#!q=Wyze
It is also expected that they'll soon offer the ability to order online directly from them in Canada.
alpovs wrote: That's an unusual choice for electronic products.
Not really, they carry a wide range of smart home products. Fits right in with home improvement. PetSmart is the unusual choice.

That said, they already sell their products in the US through Home Depot and PetSmart so it's not a surprise that they're partnering with their Canadian counterparts.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4349 posts
4408 upvotes
Vancouver
psyko514 wrote: Not really, they [Home Depot] carry a wide range of smart home products. Fits right in with home improvement. PetSmart is the unusual choice.adian counterparts.
Petsmart sells it as a pet monitoring camera.

At the projected regular prices Home Depot will be irrelevant, and unfortunately our local Home Depot never puts smart home gear on sale.